Ready for the upcoming heat wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I washed with Meguiar's Gold Clas soap. It smells great and has thick foam. I then cleaned the paint with their White Wax, it's gritty and produces dust. Then finished off with Ultimate Liquid Wax, great shine, very smooth finish. Should be good until the beginning of winter.

The line up

White Wax dust just from section of tailgate

After White Wax, decent shine, and removed water spots good.

Love the Husky Liners. Hosed down and wiped down with towel.

All by hand? You mad man!

Looks very nice!
thumbsup2.gif

You did this in a heat wave?

Did you have some sort of swimming hole to occasionally jump into?? LOL.

Originally Posted By: Voleak
I washed with Meguiar's Gold Clas soap. It smells great and has thick foam. I then cleaned the paint with their White Wax, it's gritty and produces dust. Then finished off with Ultimate Liquid Wax, great shine, very smooth finish. Should be good until the beginning of winter.

The line up

White Wax dust just from section of tailgate

Love the Husky Liners. Hosed down and wiped down with towel.

Cleaned with their "White Wax"? Is that a specific wax just for cleaning only?

I also like the Husky liners. I put a full set, front and back, in my wife's Impala and they have been excellent so far. Way cheaper than Weather Tec's too!

You did a nice job.
11.gif

Thanks for the nice comments.

The description on the Meguiar's website states that White Wax is a wax with cleaning agents. It's a bit gritty, too. So I use it to clean, then add a layer of Ultimate Liquid Wax to top it off. In the end it all work out nicely, and I am very happy with the results.

When the White Wax is finished up (one more application) I will use something else as a cleaner.

Thanks for the nice comments.

The description on the Meguiar's website states that White Wax is a wax with cleaning agents. It's a bit gritty, too. So I use it to clean, then add a layer of Ultimate Liquid Wax to top it off. In the end it all work out nicely, and I am very happy with the results.

When the White Wax is finished up (one more application) I will use something else as a cleaner.

Agree - and congrats!

Nice work! Dust is left behind by many products. Compressed air takes car of it on the entire car in less then 30 seconds!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Forgot to add I did not know anyone made a wax for white cars.
Interesting...
Nice job too!

Thank you!

The Meguiar's White Wax is a great product, no complaints about the product itself. The reason I won't buy it again is due to the tube it comes in. The tube is a rather thick foil material that is a real B to work with. It should come in a plastic tube, or plastic bottle. Great product, lousy tube.

On a side note: Since the White Wax is for light colored vehicles, the actual wax should be a dark color so it is easy to see, and you won't miss a spot while applying or wiping off.

The reason I won't buy it again is due to the tube it comes in. The tube is a rather thick foil material that is a real B to work with. It should come in a plastic tube, or plastic bottle. Great product, lousy tube.

On a side note: Since the White Wax is for light colored vehicles, the actual wax should be a dark color so it is easy to see, and you won't miss a spot while applying or wiping off.
Lay it on a hard surface and roll a wooden dowel towards the cap-end to flatten it out evenly and push the product out. An unopened can of soup or beans or whatever will also work.

I use DG CCP on the white sled. Dries to a fine white powder that is tough to see to remove on a white car. However, it is easily removed and doesn't stain black trim (plastic or rubber).

Now I am ready for the upcoming rain, and trips to the mountains to play in the snow season.

First time using Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0 #21 I hope the protection lasts as long as the name, LOL.

Purple protection on the outside of my car, maybe I should go with Royal Purple protection for the innards of my car, too.

IMG_5762.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back