49 years ago today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the advantage of sitting next to the door, your the first one out.
Photos I have hanging over my Desk/Computer / I look at them every day.
There from different Moon Landings.

Last edited:
Ahhh, Yes. The greatest hoax ever.....! Great work by the studio on that set, Imagine how real it would have looked in 2018 with CGI.

Sorry! Someone had to bring that up.

Im not sure where I stand on the whole moon landing hoax thing. I tend to believe it really happened, However the neighsayers sometimes have a good argument. The last time I heard about it I was a captive audience at the in laws for some kind of gathering, My BIL can go about politics and other things for hours....

In the end It doesn't matter to me. We have GPS units available us for next to nothing, satellite internet, and access to any information we could ever desire at our fingertips.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember. 1969, 11 years old.

The cool thing is that I have had most (not all) of my career in aerospace. We had a Saturn rocket guy, Alan Lawrie come to our rocket factory in Redmond 10 years ago or so, he had a GREAT presentation. We could ALMOST live it. But as a kid next to Anaheim (worked for Rockwell there) and Seal Beach CA, we got to see some of those factories. I worked a few years in Seal Beach as well. Cool stuff.

18 months old, and I remember a bit of it.

I remember my mother standing me in the loungeroom looking at the BandW TV, and telling me to look, as something very very important is going on.

I have confirmed in my later years that memory is legit and correct.

I remember some of it....
My family was at a Denver, Colorado suburb at the time visiting relatives. I was very young, but my dad and I were walking down the street and we stopped in front of a TV shop that had several TVs on pointing toward the street. Dad and I stopped for a bit and we stood on the sidewalk looking through the storefront glass viewing the moonshot on the TVs. I vaguely remember watching an astronaut walking on the moon.
But you know what I do remember vividly, almost as if it was yesterday? The street was filled with hippies who looked and smelled like they hadn't had a bath for several months. They were standing right next to us and they were also watching the astronaut on TV. There was a stench in the air.

I was 3 days from being born. So I may have heard it???

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
Ahhh, Yes. The greatest hoax ever.....! Great work by the studio on that set, Imagine how real it would have looked in 2018 with CGI.

Interesting you bring that up, I saw this video the other day.

Im not sure where I stand on the whole moon landing hoax thing. I tend to believe it really happened, However the neighsayers sometimes have a good argument.

A number (some say prevalence) of studio scenes/shots doesn't make people setting foot on the moon a mutually exclusive event.

That's where I am. People went there. Some/many scenes were done in a Studio for propaganda purposes.

(You should watch the movie Capricorn One...I remember when it came out, my parents went to it, and it was conversation everywhere for months).

I was 15, in the 5th form at high school. Someone brought a transistor radio to school, and we listened to it in class. Went home and watched it on the News, on our single channel black and white TV.

I was six months old
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Silk
I was 15, in the 5th form at high school. Someone brought a transistor radio to school, and we listened to it in class. Went home and watched it on the News, on our single channel black and white TV.

Those were the days...when taking a Tranny to school meant a whole lot less than it does now.

Yes. The greatest hoax ever.....! Great work by the studio on that set, Imagine how real it would have looked in 2018 with CGI.

Im not sure where I stand on the whole moon landing hoax thing. I tend to believe it really happened, However the neighsayers sometimes have a good argument.

None of neighsayer's arguments are accurate , probably the same people who try to logically prove the earth is flat.

Although, that was a pretty good "fake out" back in '71 (Apollo 15) when they showed a hammer and a feather fall at the same rate to the surface of the moon.
laugh.gif

Why do you consider the feather and hammer display a fake-out? I've never seen any weight experiments in space video broadcasts. What is there in other at/near Moon videos, to dispute that hammer / feather experiment?

Originally Posted By: marine65
I was in the Marine Corps in Chu Lai South Vietnam.
I listened to it on the radio.
What impressed me was that would could fight this large war and still put a man on the moon.
We must have had a lot of money back then.

Unfortunately we couldn't ....we lost. Thanks for your service.

I have a very intelligent friend who believes we did not get to the moon. Of course he believes the WTC was blown up by the Gov. and also killed JFK. Youtube for the lose.

He was a sailor on a Boomer. I told him that I didn't believe Boomers really worked...lol.

Your friend is not intelligent on everything. Sometimes the most intelligent people are short on common sense. In this case, common sense tells us that the trip to the moon 49 years-old was not that difficult of an accomplishment.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Why do you consider the feather and hammer display a fake-out? I've never seen any weight experiments in space video broadcasts. What is there in other at/near Moon videos, to dispute that hammer / feather experiment?

It was sarcasm ... and mentioned for the naysayers to ponder on if the moon landing was real or not. Of course it was real.

Originally Posted By: Al
He was a sailor on a Boomer. I told him that I didn't believe Boomers really worked...lol.

That must have been humorous.
wink.gif
Did you tell him he was in on the conspiracy?

I was 6....remember it like yesterday. I guess all those pictures of today's moon surface that shows the actual spots where the Apollo's landed, the trek's they made and the equipment left there is fake as well? The reflecting mirror used by lasers on earth to accurately measure the moons distance is fake? I can't believe some still want to argue that whole thing. Someone mentioned JFK...funny....how many years later and there is still not one shred of credible evidence that a conspiracy existed to prove that Oswald was not the lone shooter?

Im not sure where I stand on the whole moon landing hoax thing. I tend to believe it really happened, However the neighsayers sometimes have a good argument. The last time I heard about it I was a captive audience at the in laws for some kind of gathering, My BIL can go about politics and other things for hours....

In the end It doesn't matter to me. We have GPS units available us for next to nothing, satellite internet, and access to any information we could ever desire at our fingertips.

"Not sure where I stand on the whole moon landing hoax" is a lot like saying "not sure where I stand on the whole earth is round hoax"...

You're either scientifically literate. (yes, we landed on the moon and yes, the earth is round).

Or a conspiracy-believing moron. (they're both hoaxes).

Not a lot of middle ground in either topic.

Truth or stupidity. Pick a side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back