Pro Motive PH 2500 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a purolator filter that is NOT torn. Off a friends 2017 Cadillac Sedan CTS with unknown oil. Put a Tough Guard and MAGNATEC 5W30 in and on
smile.gif

Car has 19k on it also

Made early 2012, two years before the tearing plague hit.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

We all know why those filters were tearing...

14c6yjt.jpg

I know zee gets the reference
grin.gif

Good looking filter. Thanks for the C&P OP

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636
I know zee gets the reference
grin.gif

Frampires awoke, and took over in early 2014.
lol.gif
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, older purolator but looks good i say.
Can you tell whether the old ones that didn't tear used a different grade of media than the newer ones that tear? Or is the difference more in the pleat spacing, or some other factor?

I have a couple of remaining 2012-vintage Purolator L16311 (cartridge) filters I haven't decided whether to risk using. I did use one for about 9.5k miles. It came out looking fine, but that run was didn't include any winter starts. They have another problem---skewed geometry, such that sealing against unfiltered oil bypassing around the ends may be questionable.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Not sure, I found one that was back in like 2008. The filter was about a year or two old as well if I remember correct. Was a PureOne off a 7.3 Powerstroke diesel ran for one year and around 5k miles. The owner sent it in to have them look at it, but they of course returned it saying they couldn't analyze it because it had already been cut open, customer service at Purolator was just as [censored] back then as it is now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back