335i BMW Rear Bearing: DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maxdustington

Get a real impact, dude! I have an IR 231 and it's pretty basic and cheap but good enough for a DIYer. Rent axle nut sockets, if you don't want to buy them for extra oomph.
Are you seriously trying to loosen an axle nut with a combination wrench? Or do you mean something else when you say wrenches?

While the IR 231 is a fine gun, One of my favorites in fact......It may not be enough! Especially with a "hobbyist" compressor.

SUCCESS!! I borrowed a co-workers 3/4" driver and with about 4' of breaker bar the nut popped. I kept going to see if I could get the CV shaft out of the flange and after about a half hour of pounding, applications with the MAP torch and air hammer, it loosened too. Everything from here shouldn't be terrible - pull the flange, then pull the bearing. Just have to go buy one!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Your not allowed to respond if you are NOT "Break My Window" club cognoscenti
smile.gif

Drove a new 318ti once in 1998, drove WORSE than my Yugo or my 96 Contour V6 5 speed.

Terrible cheap strut front suspension. Or maybe it was just misagligned in transport.

Or maybe it was all in your head.

Thinking that was it.

You don't know how many times I wished that I had a Yugo or a Contour V6 to use as my HPDE instructor car instead of my E36/5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back