2016 Fiesta 1.0 7259mi OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice run on M1 … but find Blackstone’s last sentence to be unexpected …

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Nice run on M1 … but find Blackstone’s last sentence to be unexpected …

Funny you mention that. The last run was on Ow30 and it appeared to be so good that I think we all agreed to stick with it. However, I wanted to do one more run on spec 5w20 to compare and there was no dilution to speak of. I would maybe chalk it up to the warmer weather.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the M1 5w20 hold up so well. Maybe it appears it has a bit more additive in it as well?

Results look good and it appears you could go further with a TBN of 4.5 remaining. (Regular Mobil 1 is stout)

It's strange that Ford discontinued the 1.0T 3 cyl. in the Fiesta but kept it on in the heavier Focus.
I would buy a 1.0T Fiesta with an MT but I wouldn't buy a 1.0T Focus....You wonder who makes these bonehead decisions....'Ford has a better idea'....NOT...

Originally Posted By: Pepsibottle1
Regular M1 blend
It is one of their better oils. I would try Magnetech.

My guess is the Focus will be sticking around for a while longer than the Fiesta so maybe that is why Ford left that as an option in the Focus and coupled with the fact that the 1.0 was only available with a manual in the Fiesta is what most likely killed it off. In either car it is a great little engine that routinely delivers excellent mileage. I have the 1.0 and 6MT in my Focus and love it. I have seen many 50+ MPG tank averages over the 65k I have driven it. I'd say run the OCI out to 9-10K no problem on the Fiesta.

Has anybody seen one of these 1.0T with high mileage? The motor has been out in Europe for about 6 years so there should be some.
I'd love to buy a Fiesta 1.0T with an M/T but they seem rare on the used market. I'm just wondering if they are capable of 200K+ miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back