2015 Audi Q7 Transmission Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping someone here has AllData and can hook me up with procedures.

Found the drain plug - in my transmission pan - but no fill plug. Not sure how I'm supposed to add fluid - which is a first for me. The '15 Touareg has two plugs on its drain pan, a small one to drain and a large one with a standpipe for filling which has become pretty standard. I assumed this would be the same but I guess not.

Do I need a fill adapter similar to the DSG?

Thanks for any/all help.

The drain plug you see is actually an overflow pipe. You use a SST (same as the one for the DSG units) to fill the transmission.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
The drain plug you see is actually an overflow pipe. You use a SST (same as the one for the DSG units) to fill the transmission.

Thank you.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Maybe this will help?

https://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_fluid/audi_automatic_transmission_fluid.shtml

That says to use the fill plug which the OP doesn't have.

I believe the OP needs the fill tool which allows you to pump in the fluid through the drain plug. It likely has the little plastic tube inside the drain plug that drains out excess, so that would need to be removed in order to drain out all of the fluid. This has been the case on the most recent Jettas I've done and heard the Audis are similar.

thats where i learned to do girlfriends 08 Passat with 6 spd tip. the temperature is about right on a hi 70 lo 80 day according to my VagCom. bought their fluid + pump kit but later found a fill point in my TT service manual as they used tat 6 spd tip for a while. the Bentley service manual is great for DIY's

thats where i learned to do girlfriends 08 Passat with 6 spd tip. the temperature is about right on a hi 70 lo 80 day according to my VagCom. bought their fluid + pump kit but later found a fill point in my TT service manual as they used tat 6 spd tip for a while. the Bentley service manual is great for DIY's. i only buy manual trannies so slush box fluids are not an issue for me + i do replace OE lubes with Redlines great products!! their MT-90 works great in my 01 jetta 02J 5 spd + now my 01 TT O6M 6 spd!!!

Drain it including the plastic pipe which actually reaches up into the transmission. Drain into a volume/amount marked container.Replace pipe and plug. Go to the top and remove the filter and fill with new fluid into the filter boss. Use the amount that you drained into marked container. Install new filter. This works with many Volkswagen DSG transmissions. Might work with yours.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sloinker
Drain it including the plastic pipe which actually reaches up into the transmission. Drain into a volume/amount marked container.Replace pipe and plug. Go to the top and remove the filter and fill with new fluid into the filter boss. Use the amount that you drained into marked container. Install new filter. This works with many Volkswagen DSG transmissions. Might work with yours.

Not a DSG. Aisin 8 speed.

Filter is in the pan as standard.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: sloinker

Not a DSG. Aisin 8 speed.

Filter is in the pan as standard.

Live and learn. I thought Audi went almost exclusively to dual clutch tranny's.

Updating for anyone else that may come across this thread and need help.

The overflow pipe is screwed into the pan, and you can see it after taking the drain/fill plug off.

Remove the plug, then remove the pipe to drain. Reinstall the overflow pipe and use VAS 6262/2 to fill the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back