2011 Durango 5.7L 125K PPHM 0W20 3K W/ Towing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Averages are based off ~6K Miles. I didn't like my last UOA on the Valvoline FSHM 5W20 so I tried PPHM 0W-20. I'm happy with these results. The filter was the Purolator Boss I posted about a week ago. I got a Particle count on the UOA as well. I guess I will me switching to Fram Ultras after that Particle Count. I have 1 Wix left then on to Ultras. This OCI had about 50% towing. We went on family vacation to MN/Canada Border the Durango had a Boat, Cargo pod, and all 7 seats were full so it was loaded pretty good. I'm glad to see my wear went down with the different oil even under those circumstances. I'm happy with this UOA and will be using this oil from now on. Thoughts and opinions?

Last edited:
It had bubbles in it. More than just it was falling out of the oil pan. I never saw anything like it before.

The Hemi engines shed Fe more than most engines. Comes from the MDS cam-wear issue; known failure mode of these engines. I don't have enough data to say with certainty at what level the Fe will be indicative of imminent failure.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
The Hemi engines shed Fe more than most engines. Comes from the MDS cam-wear issue; known failure mode of these engines. I don't have enough data to say with certainty at what level the Fe will be indicative of imminent failure.

Yeah but with my switch to Pennzoil my FE dropped to within normal range with towing. My wife is known to let it site idling for long intervals as she's a nanny that picks 8 kids up from different locations. I dont think mine is showing advanced wear. Also that Valvoline sample was in use during the coldest time of year and the new Valvoline formula doesn't have a friendly pour point so it could be contributing to higher wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back