Cooper Evolution???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Cooper Evolution tire, that I know nothing about yet, I just bought a set. Just got a steal of a deal on a really nice 2002 Camry for $800, that I really didn't need, just needing new tires. Wanted to try something that cost less than the car that was interesting to replace the worn out 205/65-15 tires that were on it. Ordered the tires the same day on Monday, and installed them myself yesterday. As an installer, after the $50 rebate, it will cost me $198 plus tax. Although I have not driven it yet with the new tires, they look promising. On my Road Force balancer, they were the best complete set of tires I've done, with the highest tire being 5 pounds, and very little correction weight needed. What I just learned was these tires new, have a tread depth of 9.5/32 inch, which seems to be a trend. Plus I was able to get H speed rated tires that I have not seen in this size either. I will see how they do, and comment.

I hope you get many enjoyable miles out of your new car and the Evolution tires
thumbsup2.gif

FWIW, there is a good selection of H and even V-rated tires in the size 205/65-15, since many cars from the 90s came with H and V-rated of that size, including some versions of the Camry and ES300. Walmart even has their house brand Douglas tires with the H rating in 205/65-15.

Cooper's own CS5 Ultra, a very popular tire on here, is available in both H and V speed ratings in this size. The CS5 Ultra also comes with 11/32 tread. I have heard of OE tires having 9-9.5/32, and of course the Michelin Premier with 8.5/32. I think there might be some other cheap tires besides your Evolution Tour with 9.5/32 as well.

Actually, my tire size is also 205/65-15, and I even found some with a W speed rating! Falken Ziex ZE950
19.gif

They look like a CS3 tire. I thought you paid $800 for the tires and was trying to decide to tell you or not how awful that was. But $800 for the car and $200 for the tires is good.
smile.gif

I just got a set of 185/65R14 CS3 Tourings to replace the Altimax RT43's that I wore out on my '97 Mercury Tracer wagon commuter. I believe the tread pattern is the same but they just changed the name to Evolution?? I got them on eBay for $149.78 shipped for all four, and they're from 2016 and 2017. With the car approaching 200K and getting older I thought I'd try a more affordable set of tires.

I gotta say they ride waaaaay smoother than the RT43's they replaced, but I think they have a smidge less cornering grip.

I'm very impressed with them!

My buddy charged me $60 to install them, they didn't take that much weight to zero out, and I sold my old tires with between 4 to 5/ 32nds on Craigslist for $60. I think these are the least expensive set of tires I've ever had lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back