3. Aston Martin Red Bull Racing, 199
4. Renault Sport F1, 70
5. Haas, 51
6. Force India, 49
7. McLaren Renault, 48
8. Toro Rosso, 19
9. Alfa Romeo Sauber, 16
10. Williams Martini Racing, 4

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

aee21d3a7ef96c6e166934f6a6d753d6.jpg

Many thanks for the info.

YEARS AGO I quit EVER trying to find out when events are on which channel on TV or even details on radio broadcasts.

It's funny. They're selling (as in everybody's selling) commercial time and everyone wants "eyeballs and ears" but there's no mechanism for attaining this info easily.

Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Should be an interesting race (for a while at least) with both RIC and HAM out of place.

It'll be fun to watch both of them carve through the pack and possibly even finish on the podium.

I can't say I'm not wishing the same thing for him.
wink.gif
Seeing Toto grouse about Mercedes being short on speed in the straights was pretty rich, given the power advantage they've had through this era.

I don't understand the way he is acting. Trying to push his car by hand back to the pits. After he kept driving it when he was told almost a dozen times to STOP. Kneeling alongside it like he was praying. He's acting like he is cracking up. His behavior even threw Rosberg off. Now he's got to try and plow through the field again. This time with a patched up car.

I don't understand why he stayed on it after he went wide in the first place? The lap was shot, so why beat the snot out of the car and break it? What possible purpose did that serve? Those things aren't stadium dirt trackers.

I'm surprised he didn't flip out on the team; well, he probably did when he got to the garage. He isn't very gracious when something goes wrong and it's someone else's fault.

Hamilton claimed he was running that line all the time. I'm not sure I believe him. He said the hydraulic was failing already, which is possible, but then I question why he kept going and going. If he knew it was failing, why keep this wide line and then keep playing the game to keep going. He, of all people, should know the consequences of a hydraulic failure. In the end, he either didn't have a clue of what was going on or was just ridiculously upset.

Had he gotten it back to the pits, he would have been done anyway. Q2 would have been out of the question. It wasn't something that would have been fixed by a reboot. The team was warning him over the radio. No, let's try to keep going. Let's try to push the car. Let's give the car a hug.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I'm surprised he didn't flip out on the team; well, he probably did when he got to the garage. He isn't very gracious when something goes wrong and it's someone else's fault.

I think it was as obvious to him (when he saw the oil leak) as it was to everyone else (when we saw the car bounce after smashing into the kerb) that this was entirely self inflicted.

He's just playing the "it's not my fault, waa, waa, waa" card.

Originally Posted By: billt460
He's just playing the "it's not my fault, waa, waa, waa" card.

Which is really getting old.

Won't get any argument from me.

Better to break in qualifying than in the race.
Are you allowed to replace if it's not broken?
Is the penalty in starting grid position worse if the part has not failed?
Remember Senna's engines expiring right after crossing the finish line after his last qualifying lap? Good luck inspecting that motor.

Well. I didn't see that coming! The worst thing is I'm actually disappointed at the result.

Me too! That, and Hamiltons hair extensions were the worst of it!

That localized rain sure threw a wrench into things. Unbelievable result.

I saw that Hamilton got summoned to the stewards for that sketchy dive out of the pit lane entry but he was not penalized. I'll be frank and say that if it was anyone else doing that, they would've gotten a 10 second penalty.

Also kinda sad that Haas didn't hold their positions better. They had a real chance to pick up a lot of points and get ahead of Force India in the constructor standings.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Vettel's reaction made me laugh:

Ironically, it turns out I said the same little phrase when I saw him spin off as he did when he did spin off, but didn't know it until the delayed radio message. However, I only said it once, and no one was there to bleep me.

I can live with Lewis not being penalised for the pit lane business. It's pretty clear Lewis wasn't trying to mess with anyone on track. If I were relying on that set of "instructions" I probably would have careened into the pit wall.

Now, I can live without Lewis being penalised, but all Kimi had to do was "accidentally" jump the restart and skewer himself on Lewis's gearbox.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back