Delo, Rotella or M1EP for all 4-cycles?

I recently became a member of the local lawn bowling club(and helped move their average mean age down quite a bit) and they have a mixed fleet of lawn equipment - 2 mowers have Honda GX160s, another with a GC160, one turf roller with a 3.5hp Briggs. One piece of equipment has a 11hp Kohler Command and the last one has a 9hp Briggs Vanguard. There's also a Kubota gas engine edger as well.

All of them are running but need some TLC. My plan was to change the oil, plugs, air filters and on the Kohler a new TG3614/FL910 or a Toyota oil filter I have laying around. My XG7317 Honda/Nissan/Subaru filter stash doesn't fit it.

I saw a partial bottle of PYBHM and O'Reilly synthetic(not a Warren product) in the equipment room. I was debating between Delo or Rotella 15W-40 which I can get cheaply at WM or HD, or M1EP 10W-30 which will satisfy Honda and Kohler's 10W-30 requirements and would hold up to being sheared down in a Briggs motor. I don't anticipate temps in the Bay Area dipping down below 40*F. Should I use the 15W-40 just so it holds up in the 2 Briggs motors?

Yeah I would think to just put the Delo 15w40 in it. There's no catalytic converter on these, right? You could run T4 or T5 too if it doesn't, and assuming you care about it if it's there. I would put T6 or another 5w40 in during the winter, just being opportunistic

Back