Bugatti Veyron $21k oil change???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I wouldn't feel safe cracking off 260MPH in anything those guys worked on.

They are a car rental place.

You can rent their Veyron for $15,000 for 4 hours.

Bargain of the century.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Apparently an oil change isn't just an oil change for the Veyron. They open the engine and inspect clearances and oil passages, which means splitting the W12 engine in half. That is, if this article is to be believed. ALso, I guess you have to remove the rear fender and rear deck just to refill and check air filters.

Source
Source 2
I have a hard time believing they take the engine apart for regular service. I can't see any benefits and a lot of potential issues. They probably take the valve covers off and check the valves/etc. $21,000 would also be too cheap for all that work.

Originally Posted By: supton
Well darn it, guess I can cross a Bugatti off my list of vehicles to cross shop next time.

Lots of complaints about oil color... but I thought oil color wasn't a good indicator of anything?

Well, it isn’t the only indicator of wear, that’s true, especially on diesel engines. Diesel engines are more sooty, produce lots of carbon deposits that also find their way into the oil, making it seem black quite fast.
Drain 100 mile oil from a diesel engine and it looks worse than 10000 mile oil of a gasoline engine.

I own a 25 old Toyota that was heavily neglected in the past, when I change the oil, its dark again after 500-1000 miles, yet the oil is still good to use for normal driving I figure. Its just carrying lots of dirt because the engine is dirty inside, it very slowly seems to get better every oilchange I do, the consumption also gets less and less...
But in a well maintained, clean engine there shouldn’t be that much of a change in colour at all, in 5000 miles in my other cars my oil colour changes from amber to a darker marple syrup type colour. But a very dark, almost black colour, to me means that the oil is either carrying lots of dirt or it was heated way beyond its capabilities. Both things you don’t want to happen in your 2 million dollar car.

Originally Posted By: JustN89
Apparently an oil change isn't just an oil change for the Veyron. They open the engine and inspect clearances and oil passages, which means splitting the W12 engine in half. That is, if this article is to be believed. ALso, I guess you have to remove the rear fender and rear deck just to refill and check air filters.

Source
Source 2

I didn't read any further, as the engine is a W16.

I'll just say these guys strike me as hacks. Based on what I saw, I wouldn't let them work on our TF engine, which will be torn down and rebuilt at least 4, and possibly as many as 8 times this weekend.

Legally, you cannot go over 80-85 mph anywhere in US/Canada so you should stop worrying about it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: dgunay

Legally, you cannot go over 80-85 mph anywhere in US/Canada so you should stop worrying about it
laugh.gif

Umm, lots of race tracks and private roadways out there.

Originally Posted by borgward
If you raced this thing how long would the pit stop take? That's just poor engineering.

It's not made for that though. It's made to go fast a few times, otherwise sit in some collectors garage. The people who own them have "**** you" money, a $20,000+ oil change is chump change to them.

Last edited:
viral video: bugatti goes to walmart tire lube express. When they refuse to work on it, they buy SuperTech synthetic oil inside and take it home to service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back