2015 Cruze 1.4T "jerk" at idle in drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were guessing I'd suspect the pcv valve. When it starts to fail you won't get a code, but you will as the diaphragm rips even more. Son had a 2012 Cruze that he loved, but at about 40K it began a cycle of one thing after another going wrong and off to used car land it went. Hope yours isn't that way.

Anyway here's a possibility and guess. Won't cost you anything other than removing the engine cover and checking for an air leak. You can start watching @ around 1:30 to save a little time.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vogDBhnl6Rs

Last edited:
If u go over to cruze talk theres a member over there who sells a diy permanent fix for 80$ Ive done it to mine since I was out of warrenty

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
If u go over to cruze talk theres a member over there who sells a diy permanent fix for 80$ Ive done it to mine since I was out of warrenty

I was looking into that when my Encore met its violent death. It also addresses the additional valve that requires manifold replacement, right? I've wiped some of these 1.4 turbo problems from my mind as a bad dream.

Air conditioning compressor kicking on, throttle positioning sensor. Delayed solenoid valve body downshift

Thank you all for the replies so far. Also I should have mentioned it is under power train warranty but without a CEL would it be hard to get diagnosed? Not sure how easy it is to replicate. I will be keeping an eye on it.

Originally Posted By: sopususer
If I were guessing I'd suspect the pcv valve. When it starts to fail you won't get a code, but you will as the diaphragm rips even more. Son had a 2012 Cruze that he loved, but at about 40K it began a cycle of one thing after another going wrong and off to used car land it went. Hope yours isn't that way.

Anyway here's a possibility and guess. Won't cost you anything other than removing the engine cover and checking for an air leak. You can start watching @ around 1:30 to save a little time.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vogDBhnl6Rs

I've probably done 20 of these valve covers. Warning - check the intake manifold too. They lose the little check valve in the large port on top....that allows full boost pressure in to the valve cover PCV and ruptures it. So if you don't check that you will be replacing the valve cover again in a few months. Oh and the valve covers are currently on backorder. I just had to do a Sonic (with the same 1.4T) and my local dealer had 2 in stock - would not sell me one because they needed them for their repair dept. I bought on ebay an OEM for $68 shipped.

Originally Posted By: 2James1
Thank you all for the replies so far. Also I should have mentioned it is under power train warranty but without a CEL would it be hard to get diagnosed? Not sure how easy it is to replicate. I will be keeping an eye on it.

When is sets codes, it will set 3 codes. Take it in now - the KNOW the problem and will probably do the repair anyhow. A problem with your car does not require a CEL to fix...the drivability issue you have is enough to go by.

I called the dealer Friday. They said I could bring it in and they can scan it but if they don't find anything the cost is on me(im guessing that would be 1HR labor at around $90 plus tax.) To get reimbursed for warranty work is has to have the codes.( I wasn't impressed with that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back