1999 LeSabre to 2008 Lucerne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of you will be rolling your eyes having had these feature for a while but the newest car I owned previous to this was my 99 LeSabre. Some of the features/creature comforts I though were stupid or not worth having when I first started test driving the Lucerne are actually nice to have.

Rainsense wipers. After seeing how these work it takes intermittent wipers to the next level.

Backup sensors/park assist: Has already come in handy a couple times.

DIC: To many to list them all but a few a really like. Two trip odometers, all the MPG/fuel info. TPMS, I had no idea tire pressure changed so much, just having the sun shine on one side can raise the pressure a couple pounds. Oil monitor will be fun to watch but probably won't go by it.

Outside temp, no more having to check out the banks as I drive by waiting for them to run thru all their advertising just to get the temp.

Automatic volume control: certainly not a necessity but is kind of cool and works pretty good.

Moving the cruise control from the turn signal to the steering wheel and adding more radio controls is much better. Speaking of the radio, the stereo system in this car sounds great. I did purchase the satellite radio for five months for $30 since we only have one decent station in town.

Controlling the inside temp with degrees rather than a slider. Setting it to auto doesn't work very good for short tripping but I imagine on a long trip that would come in handy.

The Lucerne handles and rides much better, glad to see they got away from that floaty ride. There is more interior room, the seats are 10x more comfortable, although to say this is a six passenger vehicle is a stretch, I sure wouldn't want to go very far with three people in the front. The temp controls are easily reached with out having to lean towards them. Plenty of storage room with the arm rest and one below it, although it's somewhat of a pain to get to, so won't be keeping every day stuff in there. Better cup holders than the flimsy thing that popped out of the arm rest.

The factory remote start works better than the after market one I had on the LeSabre at longer distances and thru the metal building at work.

I had mentioned before on a separate post when I was testing driving these about the throttle response not being as quick to respond as the 99 but it really isn't that bad now that I'm use to it. I will say when you do punch it it will get up and go, more power than one really needs I suppose. Love the 3800.

I do miss having the oil and amp gauges.

All and all I'm very satisfied with this car.

Last edited:
My 2015 Camry lacks rain sensing wipers and parking assist. How much did you pay for the new Buick?

Originally Posted By: Leo99
My 2015 Camry lacks rain sensing wipers and parking assist. How much did you pay for the new Buick?

The book on it was $6900 on it and I paid $7500 for it with 78,500 on the clock but it was exactly what I wanted. I didn't want leather, center console or sun roof so I had to go with the CX instead of the CXL. I also wanted the gold mist with the cashmere with cocoa accent interior. Took me a little over a year to find. Only pics I have are what the dealer sent me.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Bench seat, wowzers. I did not know they still had those in 2008.

I wouldn't really call it bench seats as you can see from the pic above but I get what your saying, out of the dozen or so I looked at most had a console.

One thing I forgot to mention is how much I hated the wiper cowl on the 99 and what a pain it was to keep clean and in the winter time getting the snow removed so the wipers would work correctly. Really glad they did away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back