Bugatti Veyron $21k oil change???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this video, looks horrible what they’re draining from there...
How long did it stay inside?

Yes I was kinda shocked about this as well...
My 5$ throwaway Mann oil filter looks of higher quality mounted to the engine as this Bugattis plastic housing haha

Last edited:
I’d be curious how long the OCI was, because I’d like to repeat: the oil they drained looked bad...

I mean this isn’t your average soccer moms van, but a quad turbo W16 supercar engine that probably costs more than the house I live in...

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure if you have the kind of money that car cost you don’t blink at $21,000.00 In fact you probably have people to worry about that stuff ...

And if I did have people to worry about that, I hope they wouldn’t entrust my Bugatti to those tools.

Last edited:
clearance oil and Fram Ultra
27.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
clearance oil and Fram Ultra
27.gif

I have a Mann on my car but if I was dropping $21,000 it better be Edge Supercar + Fram Ultra.

EDIT: I'll bet their putting Supertech in there!
48.gif

Last edited:
Watched that video the other day.

$1.7 million (or higher) cost of car.
If you can afford that, you will not care about a $21,000 oil change.
Heck, I am sure insurance on this thing would be twice that.

How many people have bought a $30,000 vehicle and go in for an "oil change" and it cost them $300 for all the service they get? Same thing.

The guy in the white shirt had no idea what he was talking about. Asian guy was trying his hardest not to correct him at every turn. That looks like a Hengst filter Ive changed on an R8 before, I wonder if its similar.

Originally Posted By: Audios
The guy in the white shirt had no idea what he was talking about. Asian guy was trying his hardest not to correct him at every turn. That looks like a Hengst filter Ive changed on an R8 before, I wonder if its similar.

He was also holding a Liqui-Moly bottle and the other dude mentioned Redline before? Overfilling due to consumption on a 2 million dollar car?
What a dipstick though, I thought it was the gas cap!

Last edited:
It also made me cringe how he dipped the new oilfilter in the old, black oil on a 2 million dollar cars oil change.
Come on dude, you can’t afford an extra qt. of fresh oil for that car? Furthermore, you don’t need to rub that much oil all around those plastic filter housings, its complete nonsense, I know this type of housing from many BMWs...
Funny how he was scared to pull the drain plug..

Also filling up to the max-line on the dipstick with cold oil is never a good idea. The volume of the oil increases as it warms up (by roughly 5% each 70 degrees celsius...). So probably he overfilled it quite a bit already... Maybe the car keeps burning the excessive oil and for that he thinks his car has oil consumption...
laugh.gif

Furthermore, I don’t know if this bugatti has a dry sump lubrication system but because of the number of drainplugs, i strongly suspect that... With every dry sump system I know, you are supposed to check the oil level while the engine is idling!! Similarly to the pwersteering fluid level...
He treats this car like its a 20 year old oil sipping daily driver econobox haha...

Last edited:
AFAIK an "oil change" on a hypercar is never just an oil change. It's a "service" that involves inspecting and/or replacing other stuff at the same time. Often a lot of other stuff. It's also (supposed to be) done to a much, MUCH higher standard than most of us would even imagine.

Originally Posted By: Mitsu_Joe
It also made me cringe how he dipped the new oilfilter in the old, black oil on a 2 million dollar cars oil change.
Come on dude, you can’t afford an extra qt. of fresh oil for that car? Furthermore, you don’t need to rub that much oil all around those plastic filter housings, its complete nonsense, I know this type of housing from many BMWs...
Funny how he was scared to pull the drain plug..

Also filling up to the max-line on the dipstick with cold oil is never a good idea. The volume of the oil increases as it warms up (by roughly 5% each 70 degrees celsius...). So probably he overfilled it quite a bit already... Maybe the car keeps burning the excessive oil and for that he thinks his car has oil consumption...
laugh.gif

Furthermore, I don’t know if this bugatti has a dry sump lubrication system but because of the number of drainplugs, i strongly suspect that... With every dry sump system I know, you are supposed to check the oil level while the engine is idling!! Similarly to the pwersteering fluid level...
He treats this car like its a 20 year old oil sipping daily driver econobox haha...

He stated that it was a dry sump and that the car had been outside running for awhile before checking the oil.

There are so many different ways on how to check a dry sump oil system.

Some systems require the oil level to be checked while the car is operating at idle, some manufacturers say it needs to be checked while the car at for example 2000rpm to give correct readings. Some also state that the oil level must be checked immediately after the engine is shut off, some advise to wait some minutes.

Sadly we don’t have any official documents on what specific requirements are set for an oilchange by Bugatti and so seemingly don’t have they, if they for instance loosen wrong bolts.
The way he constantly talk and doublechecks the mechanic kinda makes him unsympathetic for me, that’s why I jusge him harder for all this than its needed to probably... If you want to make sure something is exactly like you want it to be, do it yourself...
Next, he suggests overfilling it, just because the engine burns oil instead of adding a bit from time to time.
I really appreciate the insight this gives us, its very interesting, but it all seems a bit DIY sketchy to me. Its his car, he can do whatever he wants with it...
I just think that i wouldn’t want to have my hypercar inspected by him.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back