Nexen N Priz AH8 vs Hankook Ventus V2 Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Hankooks already on the front of a Saab 9-5. I was going to get two more to match, but I saw Nexen N Priz AH8s at a good price. Anyone have any experience with these?

Originally Posted By: ET16
I have the Hankooks already on the front of a Saab 9-5. I was going to get two more to match, but I saw Nexen N Priz AH8s at a good price. Anyone have any experience with these?

As mounting 2 different brands of tire on the same axle is an absolute No No, to mix them on the 2 axles is just a single No for your safety

Last edited:
I have AH8's on the Elantra. At 12K they are quiet, OK in rain and snow. Good enough that I would buy them again. I had road hazard with one that needed to be replaced. The local tire shop Owner/Manager said he sold a lot the them. He said that Hyundai did good and that they were one of the best all season radials money could buy. I agree. They are not the best tires that I have had, but price reflects that.

The AH8 are favorably reviewed on DT's review site tirereviewsandmore.com but I'd assume this is an instance where differences in the aftermarket and OE versions might come into play. The AH8 is touted as being a very good rain/snow tire for an all season with very good levels of comfort and performance. Nexen tires have really improved in the last few years.

I have the original version of the Hankook Concept V2 and they're great tires in terms of wear and have a decent ride for what they are...but this current version seems to be a bit less in terms of longevity from what I've seen. I couldn't comment further other than mine are 4 1/2 years old and are wearing really well.

The AH8 is definitely geared more toward comfort while having decent levels of performance for a grand touring tire.

Sounds like a toss up. Still might be better to have four of the same, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back