Best Additive for 2 cycle gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Crispysea
B12 is great, and so is Techron. Definitely stay away from ethanol gas, if you can.

I use ethanol free gas and Klotz BC-172, a splash of Chemtool will help for sure.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Enzyme Fuel Additive:

I ran a test about two years ago on an enzyme fuel additive and mixed it with various other fuel additives to see what effects it might have.

The result: don't mix it with anything else and here is why: The proteins in enzymes are usually globular. The intra- and intermolecular bonds hold proteins in their secondary and tertiary structures.

My results showed globular clusters of "something" that formed and settled and no solvent I had would break up these globular clusters.

I don't know what they are using for this "enzymatic" additive but I really have my doubts as to its efficacy.

I used an enzyme additive some years ago, holy smokes it left white snot in the carbs, filters, jets, you name it, that were super difficult to get out, what a mess.

If you use your trimmer (and chainsaw) like an average homeowner (less than a gallon of gas per year) I HIGHLY recommend that you use premix fuel cans from Home Depot/Lowes/wal-Mart.

This stuff is fantastic.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Care-32-oz-50-1-Pre-Mixed-Small-Engine-Fuel-6985/206455565
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Small-Engine-...623&veh=sem

No need to buy the $6 or $8 name brand (Stihl, Echo) cans. The $4.47 cans at Walmart are likely made by the same company and just as good, with just as good synthetic JASO FD oil.

The canned gas/premix made by VP at Walmart $5 a quart has a shelf life of 5 years, and in the fuel tank of your machine it's good for 3 years...I believe it is 90 octane. Works terrific.

Originally Posted By: ddtmoto
The canned gas/premix made by VP at Walmart $5 a quart has a shelf life of 5 years, and in the fuel tank of your machine it's good for 3 years...I believe it is 90 octane. Works terrific.

Can't do it. I can't pay $20 a gallon for gas that I can get the same performance with my concoction mixtures.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Originally Posted By: ddtmoto

Can't do it. I can't pay $20 a gallon for gas that I can get the same performance with my concoction mixtures.

I feel the same way.

K100G is my favorite OPE additive and it works great for 2 stroke applications also. I add 1/2 oz per gallon of gas and then add the appropriate amount of 2 stroke oil.

Never had a problem with HD's premix 50:1 fuel in a Stihl blower and Echo chainsaw. A ounce of Techron into pump gas for 4-stroke gear doesn't hurt. Can't get E0 in Cali without paying outrageous prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back