2007 Accord coupe V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 Accord coupe EX-L V6. Red with tan leather,fully loaded. What’s everyone’s thoughts on these? I found a near mint condition one. They’re asking $6900 for it. 91,000 miles.

My wife had an 04' Accord Coupe EX with a V6 and a stick. She never had any problems with it. The car got up to speed fast, had plenty of power. But since going around the cones was brought up, I thought the car felt nose heavy and wasn't balanced.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Isn't 2007 the beginning of the "good transmission era" for Honda?

Good luck with your decision.

Same generation as the problematic ones. 07 was the last year of the 7th gen and should be better than the 03-05. Manual trans coupes only came in two colors, silver and black.

The one I’m looking at is an automatic. I honestly never want to own another standard transmission car. They’re horrible in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic in a big city.

I have a 2007 Accord sedan V6 6MT, bought new.

The manual transmission gave me some problems when it was new but we've developed an understanding - I don't go down steep hills in first gear anymore and it behaves itself in every other situation. I have just over 160,000 Km (100,000 miles) on it and other than the transmission it's been trouble free. Ride is a bit harsh on 17" wheels and there's quite a bit of road noise. It cost a bit to have the timing belt changed.

Other than those quibbles it's been a great car. Lots of pep, handles well. One of the better cars I've owned.

About time for a timing belt and water pump. You can get that done for under $1k and be good for another 100k miles on the engine. By '07 the the transmissions were pretty good but you'll want to keep on top of fluid changes more frequently than the normal interval.

IMHO the 7th gen. is better than the 8th in terms of interior quality.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
How do the gen 7’s compare to the gen 8’s like I have?

I have a gen 7 and no regrets. And the last year of a model run (ie 2007) can be an ideal choice as most problems have been solved.

I'd be more afraid of age than miles
2013 was my last Accord- a sport. In light use over three years it didn't fare so well.
I haven't looked- is $6900 even a fair price?

Yeah pricewise they’d have to knock off a grand at least for timing belt replacement.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I see one in Dallas for $5900 with about the same miles on www.autotrader.com. Also has a nice looking carfax with maintenance records.

Zee09, what kind of car do you have now?

Don't call me out Satin Silver...lol
I'm embarrassed about the amount of cars I own....
I'm thinning the herd.

I'll try another Honda someday. Just not now.
I'd be interested in another hybrid

The '07 V6 with an auto are still suspect. Could be good but "ya know". Getting the DF fluid in and the Z-1 out helps.

Actually, even the manuals are suspect with bearing issues but that is a lot easier and tends to happen later (180K+)

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The one I’m looking at is an automatic. I honestly never want to own another standard transmission car. They’re horrible in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic in a big city.

I sometimes feel that way but I do love rowing through the gears.

Even our 160 horsepower Acura is enjoyable to drive with a manual transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back