NAPA GOLD 1334 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a friends 2014 Hyundai Elantra hatchback with I'm guessing 1.8 4cyl or 2.0.

Had this filter and NAPA Syn 5w30 for 5,5xx. Installed VWB 5W30 and a KIA/HYUNDAI Prime Guard knock off filter. Car has 122,232 miles on it.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Filter looks good. Thanks for the C&P

You are very welcome
smile.gif

Filter looks good, but I have to question the decision to put raised letters on the face of the ADBV that comes into contact with the baseplate. It seems to me that this could potentially lead to an imperfect seal.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Filter looks good, but I have to question the decision to put raised letters on the face of the ADBV that comes into contact with the baseplate. It seems to me that this could potentially lead to an imperfect seal.

Yeah, i never understood why they do that

Originally Posted By: wemay
love NapaGold (Wix).

I hope Mann/Hummel doesnt mess up the WIX Napa stuff

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

Yeah, i never understood why they do that

They do it because it's not actually sealing where the letters and numbers are, it seals on the outer lip of the perimeter. You can see evidence of this in the picture of the seal through the baseplate.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
….. They do it because it's not actually sealing where the letters and numbers are, it seals on the outer lip of the perimeter. You can see evidence of this in the picture of the seal through the baseplate.

Exactly. The lettering has no effect on the adbv seal because not located where the valve seals.

This one looks great at ~5500 miles.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back