2 stroke spark plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
In my spare time I like to repair lawnmowers,I recently inherited a old Clinton VS200 lawnmower from the 1950's I'm currently trying to restore.Back then your supposed to mix straight sae30 oil 1pint to 1 gallon.I was wondering if there is a certain spark plug that could give me the "edge" with this older engine ,help prevent fouling and ignite this mixture of oil to gas real good.Thank you for your time.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Greaser73
Hi,
.Back then your supposed to mix straight sae30 oil 1pint to 1 gallon.I was wondering if there is a certain spark plug that could give me the "edge" with this older engine ,help prevent fouling and ignite this mixture of oil to gas real good.Thank you for your time.
smile.gif

Just use normal OPE plug....with modern API TC& JASO FD specs....and you will eliminate fouling

From what I was able to find online, it seems to call for the Champion RJ12C

But NGK makes better spark plugs. The NGK that crosses is BR6S or 3522.

Autolite actually makes iridium plugs for lawn mowers. The iridium for your Clinton is XST258

Originally Posted By: berniedd
They recommended 8:1 gas/oil mix back then? I'm blown over!

The oil technology back then justified that mixture.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
From what I was able to find online, it seems to call for the Champion RJ12C

But NGK makes better spark plugs. The NGK that crosses is BR6S or 3522.

Autolite actually makes iridium plugs for lawn mowers. The iridium for your Clinton is XST258

the NGK iridium is BPR6EIX

I was able to find online for my lawnmower with
the vintage 1950's Clinton VS200 2cycle engine .they require a 14mm spark plug.would any standard lawnmower plug that is 14mm be fine? ,Also is anyone familiar with how to adjust the float bowl needle at the bottom of the carburetor which hold the bowl on? Thank you
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back