Just Bought a Chromebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I am excited...$265

Acer 14" FHD IPS Display Chromebook Holiday Bundle , Intel Quad Celeron N3160 processor 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 32GB SSD, WiFi, Bluetooth, webcam, HDMI, Chrome OS, Wireless mouse included

I bought an Acer Chromebook in Oct. 2016....no problems at all. I like it better than my Windows computers.
I just bought a Samsung CB on Prime Day.

I HAD THE CHROMEBOOK YRS AGO, HAVE THEY MADE IMPROVMENTS ON THE CHROME OS?

I JUST ORDERED THE KINDLE FIRE HD10 ON PRIMEDAY FOR $99. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SCREEN UPGRADE FROM MY KINDLE 7" DISPLY

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Whoah... no need to yell..

lol

Originally Posted By: mx5miata

I JUST ORDERED THE KINDLE FIRE HD10 ON PRIMEDAY FOR $99. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SCREEN UPGRADE FROM MY KINDLE 7" DISPLY

I don't know anyone who would beat themselves up by buying another kindle.

Last edited:
Have an Acer C720 chromebook since Jan 2014. Best laptop I have ever owned. Works flawless with no issues. Paid 149 for it.

WHO'S YELLING?, ANYWAYS THE KINDLE IS NOT THAT BAD I KNOW THEY'RE LIMITED WITH APPS AND STUFF BUT I'M OK WITH THE APPS AVAILABLE.

WHAT I LOVE IS THE KINDLE SCREEN DEFINITION AND CLARITY.

I've been using a Pixelbook, overpriced and overloaded Chromebook, as my daily driver for about 6 weeks. I work in the industry so I have a few powerhouses around to choose from but I usually grab the Chromebook for just about anything I do now.

The newer Chrome OS can also run a lot of Android apps, not all but a lot of them.

This one is convertible to a tablet or a laptop. Very pleasant surprise so far.

WHO'S YELLING?, ANYWAYS THE KINDLE IS NOT THAT BAD I KNOW THEY'RE LIMITED WITH APPS AND STUFF BUT I'M OK WITH THE APPS AVAILABLE.

WHAT I LOVE IS THE KINDLE SCREEN DEFINITION AND CLARITY.
It's the all caps, that means (in internet-speak) that you're yelling. I don't mind my netbooks, as long as I have decent wifi, otherwise they don't have much hard drive space.

My biggest complaint with my Chromebook (low end, two year old Lenovo) is that all of the Google Drive apps seem to be slowing down as things get more complex. Still use my Linux box for stuff requiring file storage, but for everything else, nothing beats a Chromebook on the lap in front of the TV. Open it up and away it goes.

Moved to Linux before Win 8/10 were even introduced, but the combo of Linux and Chrome OS make me miss Windows not one little bit.

Last edited:
My 12 year old daughter got two years out of a Lenovo Chromebook picked up on Black Friday for $99. The mouse pad died (picked up bluetooth mouse) then the screen.

The 4GB will world's of difference over the 2GB she had.

My only complaint about Chromebook's is not OS but price points by the makers. They are way to cheap and fall apart in first few years or way to expensive in the Google models. I wish they had a happy medium of a quality machine for $500.

I also just ordered a Fire10 on Prime Day. Broke/crazed the Fire8 screen and the screen was beginning to drop out small pieces of the glass. I hope the added weight of the 10 doesn't prove to be a problem. I had a 7 also as others mentioned but it really was too small. It was an HDX model with a lot of features but going to the 8 made a huge difference. So if you have a 7 but don't want to go to a 10 I can strongly recommend the 8 ($69 today). Has to be about the best pad value anywhere.

Couldn't have said it better and I work for a Linux distro provider!

Nice choice in cars by the way...we love ours.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
I also just ordered a Fire10 on Prime Day. Broke/crazed the Fire8 screen and the screen was beginning to drop out small pieces of the glass. I hope the added weight of the 10 doesn't prove to be a problem. I had a 7 also as others mentioned but it really was too small. It was an HDX model with a lot of features but going to the 8 made a huge difference. So if you have a 7 but don't want to go to a 10 I can strongly recommend the 8 ($69 today). Has to be about the best pad value anywhere.

I took my wife's "hand me down" HDX.. yes a great compact machine but definitely too small for long usage the eyes start to strain a bit.

Originally Posted By: Al

lol

It's called different strokes for different folks. I love my kindle fire 10.

Chromebooks are the future... Cloud baby! No lost data; available on all my devices.
I have been using a Asus C302 for about a year; it has replaced an Apple iPad Air.
We have 2 Chromies at home; my Asus and wifey's Pixel Book (pricey...).

I have given maybe 6 as gifts.

By the way, we have a lotta hardware in our house; at least 30 notebooks, mostly high end stuff.
My wife built a 60 core server, running Ubuntu, for stock analysis.
I use a nice Dell for Visual Studio / SQL dB development.
I am doing my 1st Azure solution as we speak.

I love my Chromie; I take it everywhere.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bud
Originally Posted By: Al

lol

It's called different strokes for different folks. I love my kindle fire 10.

Yeah that's right.

Bought a Chromebook to replace an aging Macbook Pro a few years ago. Some things, like printing, are a little different. For my use the Chromebook is fine at a fraction of the price of an Apple product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back