Yahoo dumps MESSENGER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pidgin used to be compatible with yahoo messenger and has a bunch of extensions, including crypto wrappers

Had no clue yahoo messenger still existed.

Many fond memories on it. Used to love playing yahoo pool. Going into the various chatrooms being on the webcam watching and being watch by complete randoms, a bit creepy looking back at that lol.

MSN and AIM were great. Then they tried to modernize them bit by bit to try to catch up to modern times but the modernization also sped up their downfall IMO.

ICQ is still rocking!

I should also go check my Angelfire and Homestead pages

Cant forget to check my Juno too...

Originally Posted By: TurboFOX
ICQ is still rocking!

I should also go check my Angelfire and Homestead pages

Cant forget to check my Juno too...

Can you update your Geocities and do an Altavista search while you're at it? Don't forget to set your homepage to iwon.com

I still use yahoo email. Had it since it came out. It sucks though. I need to transition to my goo g me email. There is a reason google stock is miles ahead of yapoo

Originally Posted By: Al
I still use yahoo email. Had it since it came out. It sucks though. I need to transition to my goo g me email. There is a reason google stock is miles ahead of yapoo

I think you can forward your yahoo email to a gmail account.
Also google used to have a tool to import a whole yahoo account.

Only unknown/disappearing emails is if you use an iphone/ipad with the native email app to connect to the gmail account: there are random problems where many emails just disappear or get allocated to "all mail" designation while losing all other folder/designation...

I dumped anything Yahoo years ago. That includes sister ymail also.
Been with gmail ever since and no regrets. Much-much smoother - much safer ship with Google mail. The hacking of Yahoo was too often and too severe. Spam mail (often sexual in nature) was atrocious there also. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back