‘13 Tundra crank/no start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got out of work last night to my truck cranking over but not starting. Pulled fuses and everything seemed fine. Put Heet dry gas in the tank, shook the truck around hoping it would mix around and do it’s thing, started it some more, no luck. Disconnected the battery, let a sit a minute, hook it back up and try starting, no luck. I called the dealer at 4:30pm and the receptionist said there is only one person in service and they are busy but she took down my name and number so they could give me a call back. I explained the situation and let her know the truck left me stranded. Well 20 mins later I called again and she said that they are now closed and I would have to call back in the morning. I’m glad I wasn’t on the side of the road or anything expecting them to take care of me! I finally got it towed to the nearest dealer (them) who has done an oil change and tire rotation for me before I had my house. Now I didn’t buy the truck there, they didn’t have any in the color I wanted with the 5.7L. So I had to get the truck I eventually bought 40 miles away. Anyways I called them first thing this morning and they got to it right away. They said it is the fuel pump ecm and the service writer said she just got off the phone with warranty claims and that they were going to cover it since I got the extended warranty! Best news out of a bad situation, ever! I feel like I bought the five year plan and it just ended litterally a few days ago, not that I’m complaining! Just seemed like it was set to fail after so long, even if I had evidence of mice activity. The warehouse doesn’t have the part in stock so it’ll be a few days, the service writer said hopefully before the end of the week. I’m just glad they are not trying to deny anything. Is this part something a mouse can mess up? Is this a common problem and that’s why there is no part in stock? Or is it the opposite, never happens so they don’t carry inventory?

Don’t know why a dealer was supposed to bend over backwards for you.... your vehicle is your responsibility.

As far as the ECM, things break. Be glad they are getting the extended warranty to cover it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back