post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2007 IS250 , Maxlife multi

3x D&F, one of them being pan drop with filter change. One of the pan magnets were missing, so I added, a few.. those Sonicare brush head magnets are pretty high N-grade.

Another drain and fill on the 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe today at 191,940. Second drain and fill with Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic. Been dump and filling this car every 25-30k for the last 4 years and 100k, first few with Kia/Hyundai SP-III and since the change to Maxlife has been solid as a rock. Never really had a problem, just more positive shift feel with ML. Highly recommended to anyone that ML meets spec for.

2012 Chrysler T&C. 100,340. Dropped pan and factory fill. Fluid was darkened, but still smelled like ATF. A very small amount of black slime on the magnet.
Changed filter with an ATP and replaced pan with an aftermarket BAPMIC pan from Amazon with a drain plug. I expected this pan to be cheap, but was surprised to find a well made, heavy pan, with the feel of OEM. FelPro gasket, and 5.5 quarts of SuperTech ATF+4.
Watched this vid for a trans dipstick hack.

2010 Focus Factory full
3.5 quarts through full tube. 3.5 quarts Maxlife. Will do another suction through full tube tonight.
2015 Ram 1500 ZF8 70866 9 quarts of Maxlife.

2007 Cadillac CTS automatic.

Changed fluid via cooler line

Out: Valvoline Dexron VI + Lubegard red (+ Seafoam Trans Tune for past 1.5k miles)

In: Maxlife

I had the dealer replace my shift solenoids and other electronics. GM 4T45e which shifts like brand new now. Service writer told me on the phone my old fluid was nice and red, no signs of transmission damage which I take as a compliment. Now riding around with whatever Dexron 6 they put in. Should be good to go for a long time.

2000 BMW X5 3.0i 5L40-E with 162000 kilometers.

out apparently factory fill and original GM/BMW filter
in Petro-Canada Dexron VI and BMW filter

With filter we needed appr. 5.8 litres of oil.

I was a bit worried of how bad the oil would look but it was better than I feared.

xVOXZjK.jpg

Original filter made by Fitran had part number 96 022 598

bAHJqdd.jpg

2003 Toyota Corolla LE @ 125K miles normal 50/50 city/highway miles.

Out - 4 qts Toyota type IV fluid (still reddish color previously from ~60K D/F).

In - 12 qts (8 for cooler line flushing method). Toyota type IV purchased from ebay seller partscontainer, Wix filter from rockauto.com.

No issues before service. No excessive buildup on magnets. >15 min driving to assure ATF up to temp before filling last qt to fill to "hot" mark on dipstick at runnng idle.

2015 (?) Odyssey 55K miles
Out- Just under 4 quarts Honda DW-1
In just under 4 quarts Honda DW-1

I serviced it maybe 2K miles ago.
She shifts soooo smooth.

2001 Tundra V8, just under 200K miles
Fluid came our nice and red.

In/Out 3.5 quarts Max-Life.
Simple spill and fill.

I do not believe in life time ATF.
I am not sure why some do not service their transmissions, or wait till it is crazy dark.

This thing shifts like butta.. Smooth; no clanking into gear.
Feels like a dang CVT.

2012 Honda Odyssey - 109985 miles, ~20k miles since last drain & fill

Out: Just under 4 quarts Honda DW-1
In: Just under 4 quarts Honda DW-1

Fluid was dark cherry red. Drain plug magnet had very little gray "slime".

Ram 3500 Aisin AS69RC drain and fill with about 56,000km. Out was factory fill. In was approx. 7 liters PetroCan Duradrive. Put 2000km on it so far and it runs great.

1998 Accord LX, 80K miles
Interval was more than 5 years, maybe 15K miles? Dunno...
Out less than 3 quarts Honda DW-1
In: 3 quarts MaxLife

Probably just a taste overfilled.
Car runs like new.

2007 Volvo V70 @ 90K
3 qt. drain & fill
1 qt. Aisin T-IV, 1 qt. Wolf's Head Super Universal Synthetic Transmission Fluid, 1 qt. MaxLife LV, 3 oz. LubeGard red

Did another 3 quarts of vacuum and fill on the Focus. This should get near 100% new fluid. Now I have a unopened gallon of Maxlife. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Did another 3 quarts of vacuum and fill on the Focus. This should get near 100% new fluid. Now I have a unopened gallon of Maxlife. I'm sure I'll find a good use for it.

What did you use for the vacuum?

Back