Any Honda ST1300 Owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to know if we have any (or ST1100)ST1300 owners?

If so, which forums is a go to for it. So far I have looked at http://www.st-owners.com, seems to be a super helpful place.

thumbsup2.gif

I use to ride and have owned many bikes, but never one of those. I will say people who own such a bike tend to be happier with life, smart, educated, higher income and are well traveled. They are sorta like a BMW rider.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I use to ride and have owned many bikes, but never one of those. I will say people who own such a bike tend to be happier with life, smart, educated, higher income and are well traveled. They are sorta like a BMW rider.

laugh.gif

I definitely think BMW crowd is different...
thumbsup2.gif

I didn't own one (I rode CBR 1000-1100 models) but I have friends that do and I have ridden them, the Pan-European is a great bike.
Comfortable, handle well, low maintenance, fantastic V4 engine, reasonably fast but not as fast or as quick as a real sport tourer but its not sold as a speed bike either but a tourer (it almost qualifies as a sport tourer IMO).

I rode an ST1300 for a couple of years. Very capable and reliable. It has it's quirks, like any other bike. Factory heated grips have about a 100% failure rate. Aftermarket grips can be made to work with the factory controller. Replace the standard spark plugs with dual electrode NGK's. A standard auto 7317 filter fits, and mine did well on Valvoline MC oil, after an experiment with VPB 15w40. I noticed a distinct clutch grab right at the engagement point with VPB that Just didn't set with me when leaving stoplights. Mine had the Pirates Lair backrest, and I replaced the rear reflector in the fender with a cop car flasher as a third brake light.
And yes, st-owners is your goto place for all that is ST.

Last edited:
^Beautiful bike and color. Curious at what mileage you sold it?

I am planning to use L14610(or Honda A02), have some champs laying around too.

That backrest is looking like a really good add on!

This was summer of 2012, bike was traded February of 13, so maybe another 1000 miles on top of this. She was low miles, and babied.
Nothing special about the Purolator you mentioned.
PM me an address, I'll send you my last Royal Purple leftover for nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back