New Detailing Favorite - Blazin' Banana Spray Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
NuFinish Rapid Shine Foaming Detailer is very good and I liked the foam. Not all runny and watery like some others. Give it a try.

I like your description of BBSW. It sounds similar to my favorite JaxWax "Hawaiian Shine". I am tempted to order but I have more than a gallon HS remaining. Too many products and to little storage space.

Thought i would throw this in, Griots Best Show Spray Wax has to be my favorite for now, good stuff, great shine
cheers3.gif

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/best+of+show+spray+wax.do

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Who says I’m a fan of the orange bottle?

I’m out.

Not you...who you quoted...

Originally Posted By: hummdrumm
I like your description of BBSW. It sounds similar to my favorite JaxWax "Hawaiian Shine". I am tempted to order but I have more than a gallon HS remaining. Too many products and to little storage space.

I hear ya! That is a similar product...we like the aroma of BBSW more than any product tried to date.

Typically...when I learn about a new product and hear good referrals...I'll try a smaller bottle first (they often offer 4-8 oz bottles of new products)...then if its a really good product that I'll use again...get a larger container.
Originally Posted By: Malo83
Thought i would throw this in, Griots Best Show Spray Wax has to be my favorite for now, good stuff, great shine
cheers3.gif

I actually tried that product once...and agree it gets nice results. The biggest difference is that the CG Blazin' Banana product applies with very little effort, including the removal process (only wiping, no buffing required). Griots takes a bit more effort to remove.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
What's especially nice about this product is that since it's so fast and easy to apply...using this regularly sustains some wonderful results...well worth the $0.40 per full-vehicle application (based on the 1/2 gallon pricing). As for the bottles...the 16 oz product bottles work perfectly...but I also have several 32 oz. new/empty reusable bottles that I've used before (work very well) that cost $0.96 at Walmart.

Dh3CAR_VQAAK1R_.jpg

Normally I don't quote pictures, but I'll make an exception....

I hate to be that guy, but washing any sealed vehicle will result in the same gloss without needing to add a spray wax. I can go 6-8 months with the same result. No I will not mention the product (not the orange bottle stuff though).

Originally Posted By: Delta
Normally I don't quote pictures, but I'll make an exception....

I hate to be that guy, but washing any sealed vehicle will result in the same gloss without needing to add a spray wax. I can go 6-8 months with the same result. No I will not mention the product (not the orange bottle stuff though).

Quoting a picture?...now there's a unique thing.
21.gif

Your second statement that "any sealed vehicle will result in the same gloss" is pure science fiction. Real world results on numerous vehicles demonstrates its incredible falsehood.

That may be your opinion, for which you are of course entitled...but it fails miserably in contrast to literally thousands of testimonials for these kinds of products. If that had even .01% of accuracy, no company would have reason to even offer spray wax products, let alone make claim to its results...and would virtually make all those companies "hucksters".

I call foul.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001

Quoting a picture...now there's a unique thing.

Your following statement that "any sealed vehicle will result in the same gloss" is pure science fiction.

If that had 1% of accuracy, no company would have reason to even offer spray wax products...and in the process making them all hucksters.

I call foul.

Really? This has been over a month for both cars and they still shine like I applied sealant. Just a quick wash.

nSfXYnh.jpg

Companies offer spray waxes for a quick and convenient shine and some protection. Properly prepped and sealed paint will be glossy for quite some time.

I admire your dedication, but I'll take a couple hours every 6mo or so to fully seal and only need maintenance washes for that great shine.

Really? This has been over a month for both cars and they still shine like I applied sealant. Just a quick wash.

Thanks. You just proved MY point...since most of these products typically a month or so (in some cases a bit longer)...your photos demonstrate that indeed these products can achieve their claim for that time period. That in no way discounts that they cal lose a desirable exterior shine soon thereafter. It's ultimately about sustaining the clear-coat layer protection...which involves more than once very 6 months of effort.

"Properly sealed paint" involves more than just a quickie spray wax as many of us know. What defines "properly sealed paint" depends on who'a definition one chooses to use. Some folks consider a "once-every-when-I-get-around-to-it-every couple-of-years" wax job as "properly sealed paint" in their eyes. Many other folks would not accept that definition, especially professional detailers.

Those folks who travel with show cars will tell you that a quick wash alone doesn't begin to replicate a quality shine that comes from from sustained maintenance...and that doesn't even address surface issues of surface pollutants or UV protection.

Your vehicle photos appear to show a nice exterior appearance. Nice - congrats...noting that the car on the right and left have different shines. But having people believe that an occasional quick wash will assure that kind of look magically in the real world without any maintenance for months is science fiction in all caps.

Properly sealed paint in my eyes is deconed, polish or glazed if need to be, and sealed with product of choice (not quick wax as you see fit). I'll have you note these cars will have the same level of shine 6 months down the line. Sorry but quick waxes can't do that without reapplying.

And both cars are using the same product, but finishes between VW and Toyota are different. So obviously the result might be different. I figured you'd be smart enough to understand that, but I guess not. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying that.

Properly sealed paint in my eyes is deconed, polish or glazed if need to be, and sealed with product of choice (not quick wax as you see fit). I'll have you note these cars will have the same level of shine 6 months down the line. Sorry but quick waxes can't do that without reapplying.

And both cars are using the same product, but finishes between VW and Toyota are different. So obviously the result might be different. I figured you'd be smart enough to understand that, but I guess not. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying that.

First you failed to validate your point originally...now you've decided to resort to insults. How sad.

Then you contradict yourself in the bolded statement above, by first saying it was wrong when I posted it, but now use that same point yourself within your post. Even more sad.

Then you fail to even acknowledge the facts about surface pollution, while continuing to claim that washing only sustains the same shine or protection for longer periods of time up to 6 months. They make clay bar products for a reason.
Mega sad.

Even ceramic coatings require maintenance care - just not as soon as other sealants. Shine is part of the value in car care products, along with protection and surface smoothness are others. Spray wax products like Blazin' Banana help sustain these goals in between fuller-detailing protection jobs. Washing alone doesn't accomplish the same results.

So be it - we'll just disagree. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Lock Time

The orange obstructionism continues...sad.

That said. All the information anyone needs on this product is pretty much provided via links, posted information, and pix.

So based on that (not the sad interference), I have asked the mods to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back