How to get the online price at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get something for the online price at Walmart? My wife wanted a headlight restore kit, online price was $5.59 Went to Walmart and the shelf price was $9.00, which I confirmed using the price scanner. My wife ordered the kit online and I picked it up for $5.59 plus tax. Is there any way I can just walk in off the street, get the online price, pay and go without ordering online and waiting for the item? It seems this would be a cost saving for Walmart as they do not have to pick and store the item, just give me the online price at the register.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My walmart said they WILL NOT price match to their own online store. The clerk said as far as they are concerned the stores are very different.

Same experience at my Walmart. They will not price match. The only option is to buy online and then do in-store pick up.

My store does price match the website. I just show them the website on my phone and a manager is called for a key. The price on the shelf used to always be the same as online. I have to do the price match almost every time now.

My local CVS told me the same thing about cvs.com: they will not price-match and they were kinda rude about it, too. I only use CVS now for things my prescription plan mandates. I get everything else at Walgreens.

The local [censored]-mart manager told me that .com and the store are two different divisions and won't price match. The cashier told me that wasn't true!

The local store is horrible for customer service. Helmart is the only place I know where when you steal from them they don't trespass you. Only subsequent/repeat offences cause shoplifters to be banned.

Some stores are better than others!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

It costs the store to stock it so why would you think you deserve the Site price? Be thankful you get a reduced site price because most retailers won't do that. Edd

They compete online but they have you hooked in person.

This is the same reason when you go to autozone to buy a part, they blow you off standing there when the phone rings. You're there/ committed, the phone person is not.

So buy your stuff online. If you're disciplined you can just go to the pickup desk and get out of there faster too.

IME two basic ways to get the WM online price matched in store. Buy it online for store pick up. Or, have proof of price with you, ie., take hard copy of .com price or smart phone with price to show in store. I don't have a smart phone, but have used a hard copy and buy online for instore pick up.

In store price match policy linked. Disclaimer, recognizing individual store managers and/or regional policy differences, I'll add, YMMV.

https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#00000150-2910-d285-add2-fff8e8700000

It will vary store to store. Each Walmart manager decides if they will price match Walmart.com.

My local one used to, but does not anymore.
I talked to the manager about it voicing my displeasure.
He said the store was loosing too much money, since corporate does not reimburse if it is from Walmart.com vs a competitor. Sounds fishy to me, but it is what it is. I will play their game though.

I have bought things I needed now at full price, gone home, ordered online, pick it up next time I was there, then walked to the returns desk with it and the receipt from the prior purchase and return it for the higher price.
Even told the manager what I was doing one time and he just shrugged his shoulders and processed my return.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
It costs the store to stock it so why would you think you deserve the Site price? Be thankful you get a reduced site price because most retailers won't do that. Edd

If I order online and pick up in store that "stock costs" is the same. If anything, for an online order it's a little higher as someone has to go get it, bring it to the holding area and then someone else has to process your pickup. With you buying it in store, the person getting the order is not needed as it's you.

Originally Posted By: Timo325
My walmart said they WILL NOT price match to their own online store. The clerk said as far as they are concerned the stores are very different.

They told me the same thing, then when I asked for a manager he issued the price as a one time goodwill gesture. The truth is I'd rather deal with them online whenever possible, and have it shipped free to the house. This way I don't have to deal with going to my local Walmart.

I wish I knew the business goals of this Walmart "price match" thing.

Walmart gives "price match" in some stores and not others.

It makes the customer who asks / gets price match feel empowered and good?

Stores that don't price match are doing what? ....standing their ground? ....trying to fill the Walmart delivery truck to improve its efficiency?

The Wal-Mart managers get paid salary plus bonus based on sales. Maybe that is why? It cuts into their sales? The number of people that do this, and the amount of stuff they buy, seems to be so small and inconsequential to the store's overall sales.

Same here, last July the local stores announced that they would no longer price-match Walmart.com pricing.

They recently price matched an air conditioner for me when I showed them their website ad. The only thing they verified was that the item is "sold and shipped by Walmart" because there are other sellers who use walmart.com to sell identically items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back