What is that racket???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the Trump-Putin pre-press conference replay. DON'T LOCK THIS!

Not talking about the content, I'm talking about the camera cacophony. Especially irritating at this one, but notable at every press event.

Does this mean that all of those old-timey press photographers are still shooting film? Why do they still do it? 'Cause they've been doing it since 1965? Are there digital shooters in the bunch that are quiet? Do they have their digital cameras set up to make old-timey noise 'cause it's tradition? Maybe it was especially noisy this time 'cause there were a bunch of Rusky's shooting Zorkis and Zenits.

I heard it also... the mic was close to the press.

Professional level Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras, still have a mirror and a shutter that make the same sound as a Single Lens Reflex (SLR) film camera.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

The clicking of shutters is a sound built into may camera on purpose!!! click click~!!!! LOL

Every I-Phone makes that old camera sound if you don' t turn it off. Plus the intern from one of the lower tier news networks was using their best camera.

Last edited:
AFAIK you can't turn the camera sound off, but you can put the phone in silent mode.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

The clicking of shutters is a sound built into may camera on purpose!!! click click~!!!! LOL

Every I-Phone makes that old camera sound if you don' t turn it off. Plus the intern from one of the lower tier news networks was using their best camera.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Pretty sure the digital cameras still have shutters.

Yes, they do.

As far as I recall, some cameras (and camera equipped devices) don't allow it to be turned off because some jurisdictions require the noise because of what people were doing with their cameras in gym and swimming pool locker rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back