How to remove car wax from a towel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wash in a tub of warm water and Dawn. Add some Biz powder available in the laundry section to ensure success.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Wash in a tub of warm water and Dawn. Add some Biz powder available in the laundry section to ensure success.

For microfiber towels...as well as cotton towels...using warm or hot water and a capful of Woolite does a great job...have done it numerous times...and the dried towels afterwards are clean and soft again.

I use Borax detergent and hot water in the washing machine. Either air dry or use the dryer with no dryer sheets. Instructions apply to cotton and microfiber, just don't mix the two in the same load.

I use 14x17" cotton towels for all my washing, waxing, and drying needs in my garage-about 40 of them.

Wash in hot water with ERA detergent and a generous dose of bleach. Run it through another wash cycle for good measure. Good as new, and softer too.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted By: skyactiv

For microfiber towels...as well as cotton towels...using warm or hot water and a capful of Woolite does a great job...have done it numerous times...and the dried towels afterwards are clean and soft again.

Good to know!
11.gif

What do you/most use to clean wax applicator pads; the same thing?

I just dump my wax filled towels in the clothes washer on a warm double cycle (has 2 interdependent wash cycles.) If they're really heavy in wax/sealant/polish, I just add more washing powder.

Some AIO's (Nu-Finih comes to mind) are really tenacious on the polishing pads and hard to clean. Just dump them in the dish washer. the caustic nature of dish washing powder is far stronger than normal sink-dish-washing liquids (dawn.)

Fresh as a daisy every time.
Jordan

Originally Posted By: irv

Good to know!
11.gif

Since pads tend to be more saturated...I use this...which works incredibly well and easy in a sink under warm/hot water:

Only requires a couple quick "spritzes"...then some water while kneading into the pad..a rinse...and good as new (it also conditions).

One $9.99 16 oz bottle should last years - I've used it 11 times and have 3/4 of my bottle remaining.

Applicator pad cleaner

BUF_333_16-2T.jpg

I wash them in the washer with laundry detergent and Dawn, and air dry them inside. No fabric softener. They come out clean and work well.

Good to know!
11.gif

Since pads tend to be more saturated...I use this...which works incredibly well and easy in a sink under warm/hot water:

Only requires a couple quick "spritzes"...then some water while kneading into the pad..a rinse...and good as new (it also conditions).

One $9.99 16 oz bottle should last years - I've used it 11 times and have 3/4 of my bottle remaining.

Applicator pad cleaner

BUF_333_16-2T.jpg

Doh! Never even thought of that stuff, and I have a bottle that came with my new Porter Cable DA Polisher.
blush.gif

Thanks.
cheers3.gif

Good to know!
11.gif

Applicator pad cleaner

BUF_333_16-2T.jpg

Doh! Never even thought of that stuff, and I have a bottle that came with my new Porter Cable DA Polisher.
blush.gif

Thanks.
cheers3.gif

You're welcome.

I happen to also have that same fine DA Polisher.

Chemical Guys 16 ounce MF wash is only $5 and change right now. Big savings but the price can change in minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-CWS_201_16-Microfiber-Concentrate/dp/B001TJXWH4

The four once bottle is $7.49 so obviously a sweet heart deal plus good reviews. Surprised they don't make 20 different MF washes.
smile.gif

I remember a detailer that would BOIL his mf towels to get them soft again. He did excellent work and still remember his write-ups.

Tide, Hot water, Heavy Duty wash cycle and double rinse cycle. Throw in the dryer with medium heat and they come out good as new
cheers3.gif

I do the same thing although my first rinse cycle I add a little bit of Vinegar to cut the buildup of chemicals.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Tide, Hot water, Heavy Duty wash cycle and double rinse cycle. Throw in the dryer with medium heat and they come out good as new
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Richie
I do the same thing although my first rinse cycle I add a little bit of Vinegar to cut the buildup of chemicals.

That's what I like about using Woolite and hot water in a separate towel wash - easy peasy and no fuss. Woolite gets out all the stuff without any additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back