Frustrated with lousy spray bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some really nice ones at ace hardware,they where on clearance for $3.79 each,they actually have a o-ring where the cap threads on and the pick-up tube is reinforced with metal wire

The guy said they where made by a pest control company for commercial use but they never sold any and stopped ordering them

Originally Posted By: Cujet
I also gave up with the small squeeze action sprayers, and purchased Stihl SG10 spray bottles from the local chainsaw store. They hold about a quart and have a pump on top.

They hold up fairly well, have a large opening, are very tough, and have some brass parts.

So you pump a few times to pressurize, then squeeze the trigger? Can you do a stream or adjust for misting?

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
WOW - never considered overthinking all this so much.

Heck - some $0.96 new empty ironing spray bottles from Walmart have done the trick here for all sorts of care care products for years. Just bought 2 more of them last weekend.

Also have purchased Chemical Guys, Griot's, and Meguiar's spray products for years, without a single problem/leak issue.

Sorry some folks have had a problem. Hopefully the violating vendor replaced such defective bottles.

This isn't overthinking. I'm tired of wasting time and money buying bottles that wear out after a month and leak or spill product everywhere. It's a huge waste of my time to be constantly replacing them and then buying more product that leaked/spilled. If this weren't such a throw-away society with cheap [censored] everywhere, something simple like a spray bottle would actually last for a while.

I buy Tolco chemical resistant spray heads, and Chapin industrial pressure sprayers. I will kill most standard spray heads in less than half a day. Frustrating to say the least. I buy in bulk, make sure they have viton seals, and chuck em when they fail.

Originally Posted By: dparm
This isn't overthinking. I'm tired of wasting time and money buying bottles that wear out after a month and leak or spill product everywhere. It's a huge waste of my time to be constantly replacing them and then buying more product that leaked/spilled. If this weren't such a throw-away society with cheap [censored] everywhere, something simple like a spray bottle would actually last for a while.

Sorry...but the 96 cent bottles I use from Walmart don't have the reported issues and last a long time. I have some that are more than 2 years old and still functioning well. I usually like to get larger (and more cost-effective) 1/2 gallon quantities and then put them into the Walmart spray bottles - especially car wash and spray top coat wax products.

At this point...if I had to throw them away...I've more than gotten my money's worth and have not had to deal with problems/leaks/clogged spray bottles.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Anytime I buy a product that has a decent spray bottle, the bottle gets repurposed.

Also a good idea.

I buy the Home Depot ones. Have only had one failure on four bottles. I returned the bottle and HD readily replaced it.

Can’t say I’ve ever encountered cracks on sprayers that weren’t my fault. No leaks either.

Even spraying more aggressive stuff like heat exchanger cleaner and iron x.

Well...I've now used my $0.96 Walmart 32 oz. ironing spray bottles with my Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana Carnauba Spray Wax for 4 applications (so far) that I bought in a 1/2 gallon quantity, and simply poured it into the bottle.

I love the adjustable nozzle spray - it works very well. No leaks, even spray, no problems.

OMG - I just checked...the bottles are now a whopping $1.57!!
grin.gif

Should it ever become a problem...my minuscule investment makes the bottle a throw away - but so far it works perfectly every time.

Mainstays-Ironing-Spray-Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back