Malta Goya

Status
Not open for further replies.
While in North Carolina i nabbed a 10 pack of this. Must say it was very good. Anyone else try this and like or dislike it?

I've had it....it's tasty....it's very popular with the NYC Puerto Rican community.
My feeling is that if I'm going to have all those calories...it's going to have ALCOHOL in it.

Never tried it, but seems interesting from the wiki page.
A popular way to consume it, is with condensed milk/evaporated milk and ice...I could dig it!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_(soft_drink)

It's also high in vitamin B, so it's similar in nutritional content to the black, tar-like substance "Marmite/Vegemite"
which is used as a spread (another personal favorite!). We also use it (Marmite) to add richness to gravies.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Never tried it, but seems interesting from the wiki page.
A popular way to consume it, is with condensed milk/evaporated milk and ice...I could dig it!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_(soft_drink)

It's also high in vitamin B, so it's similar in nutritional content to the black, tar-like substance "Marmite/Vegemite"
which is used as a spread (another personal favorite!). We also use it (Marmite) to add richness to gravies.
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, i found it to be very tasty
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
While in North Carolina i nabbed a 10 pack of this. Must say it was very good. Anyone else try this and like or dislike it?
I'll have to try it. Did you happen to try Cheerwine while in NC? Similar to a Cherry Coke...but different.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I'll have to try it. Did you happen to try Cheerwine while in NC? Similar to a Cherry Coke...but different.
Originally Posted By: gman2304

Yeah, Cheerwine is good also
smile.gif

I will take regular Coke thank you, you North Carolinians can keep that Cheerwine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back