6T50 - Maxlife or Dexron VI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jonnycraig
Dylan1303 said:
Im having the same debate on supertexh dex 6 and maxlife. Also good luck with bnr there tune has been unrealiabile on my cruze. Constant overboost issues. They also take a week or more to reply to a datalog or give u a tune update. Ive never tried trifecta but they might be just as bad.

Hey dude. thanks for that info.

From everything I've read, BNR > Trifecta.

Yeah I think they have 1 main guy who does the tunes, which is why it takes so long.
Ya its just jerry. He should really hire another tuner. I mean im still not happy with my tune, like its not where i want it to be. Some days the cars fine and others its just off. Its just a long process being a week to reply.

Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
Dylan1303 said:
Im having the same debate on supertexh dex 6 and maxlife. Also good luck with bnr there tune has been unrealiabile on my cruze. Constant overboost issues. They also take a week or more to reply to a datalog or give u a tune update. Ive never tried trifecta but they might be just as bad.

Hey dude. thanks for that info.

From everything I've read, BNR > Trifecta.

Yeah I think they have 1 main guy who does the tunes, which is why it takes so long.
Ya its just jerry. He should really hire another tuner. I mean im still not happy with my tune, like its not where i want it to be. Some days the cars fine and others its just off. Its just a long process being a week to reply.

Considering the $599 price tag, that is not very acceptable, I agree.

That said, you want the best guy (Jerry) working on the tune... so, necessary I suppose.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
I would go with Dex 6, no fluid that "fits all" would go in my transmission.

Fair point.

But don't forget AMSOIL makes these type of fluids as well, and they far exceed OE specs.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
I would go with Dex 6, no fluid that "fits all" would go in my transmission.

Fair point.

But don't forget AMSOIL makes these type of fluids as well, and they far exceed OE specs.

They do? How do you know this?

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: beast3300
Full synthetic Dex6 GM branded is good stuff. I got some off Amazon last year. Works well, and you can't go wrong.

All DEXRON 6 is synthetic.

I think you are thinking of ATF+4. I believe Dex 6 only needs to be a minimum of blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back