Quicksilver snow oil in dirt bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quicksilver Full Synthetic Snowmobile Oil meets the needs of all two-stroke snowmobiles. This high quality, low smoke, low odor oil is specifically formulated to keep power valves clean and minimize power-robbing carbon deposits. Can be used in oil-injected and pre-mix applications.
Quicksilver 2-Stroke Full Synthetic Snowmobile Oil, Quart:
Oil meets the needs of all 2-stroke snowmobiles
High-quality, low smoke, low odor oil is specifically formulated to keep power valves clean and minimize power-robbing carbon deposits
Can be used in oil-injected and pre-mix applications
Exceeds JASO FD and ISO EGD
Meets or exceeds manufacturer warranty requirements

I bought gallons of this stuff on clearance for my ski doo but was wondering if I could run it in my dirt bike with no ill effects. The bottles I have don’t mention jaso or iso certs but looks to be the same exact product as it says not for tcw3 apps. It was $10/gal

If it meets JASO FD then it will be fine in your 2-stoke bikes.

I'm using Castrol Active 2-stroke bike oil in my push mower right now, the Castrol bike oil is a mineral rated JASO FC, which is a step up from the mower shop FB stuff. Castrol's top shelf synthetic for motorcycles is JASO FD, which is as high as it gets for 2-stroke bike oil.

I'd agree. FC, FD and EG-D oils are really the proper choice for dirt bikes. Just a word of caution, don't mix it at lean ratios, like 100 to 1.

In general, our testing has shown that 32 to 1 provides enough protection for all but the most highly tuned engines. With 50+HP kart engines doing well at 20 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back