Linux Mint 19 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
First tried the new Cinnamon and I still don't like that desktop. Installed MATE and feel at home. It also fixed that weird lag issue I had that was causing double posts here.

I downloaded it yesterday, and will probably install it on a test mule when I find some time.

Originally Posted By: mx5miata
LINUX screenshots seem similar to Apple's ios, any relationship?

That's why I prefer Ubuntu Mate. Can be easily switched to any number of looks, including Cupertino which is sort of Apple-ish. My GF does use this even though she's never used anything Apple in her life. If she gets tired of it takes ten seconds to switch. If you miss Unity (and I never minded it Ubuntu was just too heavy) you can try Mutiny for a day or two and easily go back. More change easier than Linux Mint.

As a long time Mint user I recently tried Ubuntu 18.04. I like it better than Mint. It is fast, easy to use (lots of online info), and have not broke it yet. I had two Mint installs go bad after an update. Ubuntu seems more fool proof, me being a fool.
grin.gif

Installed the XFCE version on my old Dell laptop replacing 18.3. Worked well but then the update broke it, turned out to be the newer kernel so I just went back to the original kernel and changed the settings to exclude kernel upgrade.

I installed it for my wife and like it. However do I have an occasional annoying issue with the mouse lagging and I'm hoping to find a fix. I had the same problem with Win 10, and tried a different mouse to no avail. It is an HP tower with a dual core processor, running Cinnamon 19. There is also a delay at times with the keyboard as well.

Last edited:
Since the problem showed it's ugly head prior, it's in your HP. Have you tried the HP tower website for any driver upgrades? Or tried various Driver Upgrade downloads online.... ie.... example would be Driver Easy website?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Since the problem showed it's ugly head prior, it's in your HP. Have you tried the HP tower website for any driver upgrades? Or tried various Driver Upgrade downloads online.... ie.... example would be Driver Easy website?

I fooled around with it and came to the conclusion the problem is not with the OS or the PC. The problem is with the Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I switched to an old MSFT wireless keyboard and mouse and it works perfectly. Logitech is going to send me a new receiver to see if that resolves the problem. What's funny is with Win 10 I tried another Logitech keyboard and mouse, I didn't try the MSFT set up. I have a feeling it is the Logitech hardware doesn't play nice with this PC.

I didn't look very hard to see if they have proprietary drivers for Linux. I did a quick search and came up with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back