2017 Taurus AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking for a car to replace the Accord for a bit now. I wanted something larger, automatic and more power. I cross compared a new Impala and Taurus and immediately did not like the Impala.

The Impala IMO didn't know when to shift, had too much road noise and imperfections transmitted throughout the suspension and into the cabin and the interior aesthetics didn't really appeal to me. I much more liked the Taurus for it's interior. I fit great in the car. I know some folks not so much, but I prefer the way in which the driver seat fits me. I almost prefer a bit of a contouring... maybe hugging fit. Nothing too tight.

Saturday I test drove an Impala and a 2017 Taurus. The Taurus was black, tan interior, FWD and a lot of miles -- more so a test drive to see what I thought. Also, it proved to be a good test to see how one of these cars with high miles acts. I liked that car a lot and had the dealer get into Buffalo the car that I wanted from one of their dealerships from Rochester. Monday, they got the car in and I went back.

This was supposed to be a Certified Pre-Owned 2017 Taurus Limited AWD in Magnetic Metallic with 16,xxx miles. It was. However, since the vehicle had sat for over 60 days, the CPO window had expired. The dealer said that since they still did the work they weren't going to drop the price much since it still was work performed. Strike 1.

I drove the car --- drove perfect. Visual inspection, strike 2. Front bumper had tons of gouges and horrible touch up paint. The rear bumper was all scraped up, the two front rims were curb-rashed to all get out.

Get back from the test drive and tried to work out a deal... either a good amount of money off or fix all issues. They didn't want to work. So I left. Car was being sold for $25,200. I looked on AutoTrader as my wife was driving us out of that parking lot and found another 2017 Limited AWD being sold at a smaller dealership. I called, setup and appointment for yesterday and well... I bought it.

It is a 2017 Ford Taurus Limited AWD, in white platinum metallic and black leather interior. 3.5 Duratec, AWD, 6-speed automatic, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats, heated mirrors, remote start, Sync3, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto... everything I've ever wanted. Even better, only 4,600 miles on the odometer. Paid $25k, close to $30k with taxes and fees -- hey thanks wonderful NYS! Paint on this car is gorgeous. No curb-rashed wheels, no body issues. Seriously like a brand new car.

I drove about 100 miles last night to just have some fun -- I averaged 26.5 MPG. The car handles very well for a large car, not much body roll considering the size and it is definitely sure footed.

I am super happy.

4EhUUOr.jpg

Edit: People are super happy when you bring $10k worth of cash and being to love making deals.

Congrats, I like the color and the wheels. Nice upgrade. Did you trade in the Accord and do you still have the old Regal?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Congrats, I like the color and the wheels. Nice upgrade. Did you trade in the Accord and do you still have the old Regal?

I did not trade in the Accord. Rear caliper on it (already replaced once) is hanging up and I will need to replace with a warranty exchange, I have new rotors in the box and will warranty out the Duralast brake pads. So I have a rear brake job to do and then will be selling it out right. Trade in, I doubt I'd even get much. Going to be asking $6,500 for the Accord with 150k. It is stupid clean, oiled every year. Stupid clean car.

The Regal, yes, still have, currently in the middle of an LS swap. Waiting on parts.

Congrats on the car.
I also was impressed with the Taurus when I had the opportunity to drive several over the last few years.
Mind you, mine didn't have AWD, but the FWD models were solid, tight and well-composed under most driving conditions.
thumbsup2.gif

Very good looking car. Always liked the Taurus.

Originally Posted By: redhat
The Regal, yes, still have, currently in the middle of an LS swap. Waiting on parts.

I can't wait to see this thread.
thumbsup2.gif

I had a 2010 Taurus in silver, FWD.

Absolutely LOVED that car and I regret trading it in all the time. When my lease on the ATS is up in 2021 I may try and find one coming off of lease at the same time. I was very disappointed that Ford isn't brining the new model for China to the US.

When it was time to get the wife a car we looked at the Taurus.
Up close it is huge!
My wife decided it was way too big for her.
We got an Elantra instead.
Cool car anyway,but too big for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back