How's Your Garage Stacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine, the usual suburban attached garage. 20 x 22 or somewhere close to that.

IMG_20180714_085324.jpg

IMG_20180714_085424.jpg

We moved 2 months ago into a new house, we had the garage up-sized to 26 x 26 and really glad we did. It still looks like an IED went off in a thrift shop, someday it will hold 2 vehicles all our stuff and have a nice work area.

Don't ride that blue bike much do you?
crazy.gif

This is something I am currently thinking about. Move next year to DE and the house has no basement and an oversized 1 car garage. In NY I have a one car garage, full basement and barn & shed.

My plan is to line the perimeter of the new garage with my workshop stuff. Starting with two sections of 90x90x24 super heavy shelving along back wall. I have workbench, table saw, floor drill press, floor grind Stone, 3 welders and an air compressor with 60 gal tank. Then lots of smaller stuff. Some OPE.

We have some 2nd floor storage for boxes of household stuff and suitcases. So only workshop and OPE need to be in the garage.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Don't ride that blue bike much do you?
crazy.gif

LoL nope, need to get a seat for it. Last one, when the bike was used actively and kept where he could get to it a certain pet cat kept peeing on it (r.i.p that cat) and the scent wouldn't come out so we had to toss it. Bike is a Raleigh made in USA from about 1996 or so.

No cars in my 3 bay garage, that would mean some motorcycles would have to be outside. So we have 5 cars out in the weather.

Look at Mr. Moneypants here with drywall!
laugh.gif

I have a 24x26 "2.5 car" with shelves all around enroaching on my space. More cultch up in the rafters. Humidity gets at the bottom row under the shelves, where I keep buckets of majestically rusty lug nuts.

I have LED/Flourescent tubes in an "E" shape so the light falls between the cars. It's bright AF yet dingy at the same time.

Wife lets the kids leave bikes in her bay all summer. Mine stays open to use for maintenance. I don't use it day-to-day in the summer either-- the dirt driveway tracks in and makes more of a mess.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
laugh.gif

I'm moving into a brand new house on August 10th and I was super happy the other day when I saw that not only did they put up drywall and insulation in the garage but they painted it inside as well! Most builders barely do anything in the garage at all. I can't wait to park the Corvette in there (and my wife is even happier, as now she can park her BMW inside too, since it's a double car garage and our current house is only a single)

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: eljefino
laugh.gif

I'm moving into a brand new house on August 10th and I was super happy the other day when I saw that not only did they put up drywall and insulation in the garage but they painted it inside as well! Most builders barely do anything in the garage at all. I can't wait to park the Corvette in there (and my wife is even happier, as now she can park her BMW inside too, since it's a double car garage and our current house is only a single)

if you paint your garage's floor like I did a long time ago, DO NOT choose the water based type of epoxy coating. Look into the solvent based professional grade version. I used the water based and it came with citric acid to etch with during prep instead of muriatic, and even though I prepped perfectly, let dry perfectly, and the product promised no hot tire pick up ... I have hot tire pick up going on. Ten yrs since doing it and it needs a lot of re-do in spots. It was the Rustoleum brand.

For storage I had 4 steel overhead racks installed in the ceiling, two rated at 750 pounds and two at 1,000 pounds. Just great for holiday storage items or in general. You have to have the ceiling height to do it though.

My messy garage.

I have always had my wifes car parked in the garage, for a short time I had mine in there too (a '94 S-10 Blazer and a '95 S-10 pickup).

Once we had kids, their stuff started taking over. It has started turning back the other way now.
When I got my bike a few months ago, I cleaned it out some to make room for it, getting rid of a bunch of the kids things no longer used, making room for the bike.
The front of the garage was enclosed by the previous owner (where the washer and dryer are). We lost about 5 feet in depth, but we enjoy having a conditioned space for laundry. Our Grand Caravan fit with about 6 inches to spare. Any vehicle we get needs to be less than 17 feet long to fit inside.

I really want to get a shed for the back yard (a 10x12 or so) to store lawn stuff in, clearing a little more room in the garage (and maybe room for another bike
wink.gif
)

My garage is in shambles right now, too embarrassing/shameful to post pics...been living here for 3 years now and still haven't finished straightening it out. I've been making improvements though -upgraded lighting, added many more electrical outlets and a subpanel so I easily add or modify electrical in the future. But I still haven't ran the wire to the main panel yet, so all of my new outlets still don't work! Really annoying trying to plug 5 different tools into one outlet. I'm going to Home Depot today to get some materials to finally finish that job once and for all! Next project is to install more shelves and a large pegboard and finally get organized!

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I be digging the stick figure on the door......just got to be a story behind that.

had some extra paint on a brush, was bored, did the smiley face.
A year or so after that, more wet paint on a brush, did the body.

There is also a big "I heart (shape of a heart) U !" painted on the floor in paint from extra paint I had.

They all made my wife smile, and they are still there 15+ years later.

You used a clear sealant on the concrete. Sometimes I wish I'd gone that route instead off the gray epoxy stuff, it just isn't holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back