Mann/Hummel filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should there be any concerns of tearing with Napa filters, Proselect and Gold , being that they are now manufactured by Mann/Hummel, which also owns Purolator? Or can I use them with confidence?

Last edited:
NAPA filters are still made by Wix using a different process and different materials than the Purolator filters. There have been no major widespread issues with WIX filters, despite them having the same parent company.

Last edited:
The Wix for my 300ZX is a Mexican made filter. The Wix for my Accord is an American made Mann Hummel.

Mann have never let me down and most times are the OE supplier for many european cars. If anything Id guess the quality went up, but for reasonable intervals you should have no fears.

Napa gold is $8.49, Fram Ultra is $8.97, available at Walmart. I will spend the extra few cents for wire backed synthetic. I don't trust M&H, they could change Wix at any time and not tell anyone.

Originally Posted By: Audios
Mann have never let me down and most times are the OE supplier for many european cars. If anything Id guess the quality went up, but for reasonable intervals you should have no fears.

You must not spend much time in the filter section. Purolator filters are tearing left and right and are made my M&H.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jongies3
Originally Posted By: Audios

You must not spend much time in the filter section. Purolator filters are tearing left and right and are made my M&H.

Did M/H close down existing Purolator factories and shift production to M/H factories?

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
Did M/H close down existing Purolator factories and shift production to M/H factories?

No. The famous Tearolator cans are still made in Fayetteville, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back