Would MOS2 or Lubegard Biotech coke up on Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Zee09
Now, I don't want anything in my oil. Just good solid oil! Thanks.

I prefer liquid oils for my vehicles, personally.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Can we get a link to that discussion?

I found it: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...lat/fpart/8/q/1

Here's the picture of the oil pan, and his observations:

Originally Posted By: Trav
I used Ceratec in a compressor not an engine that was MoS2. I could see the Ceratec in the sight glass so I pulled the side cover and cleaned it out and changed the oil.
The stuff in the oil pan I found when I changed the rusted pan otherwise I would have had no idea it had fallen out.

The greenish grey stuff is MoS2 and no it did not mix back into the oil when the engine ran, the engine ran 2 hrs before the pan drop, the oil was still warm. The chunks are pieces of gasket from the tube that got knocked in taking it off.

Below you will find the answers regarding this topic from the respective companies mentioned in this thread.

Code:

thank you very much for contacting us and your interest in our LIQUI MOLY products.

The MoS2 particles in our MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment are temperature resistant up to more than 800°F - so much more temperature resistant than any motor oil and its additives is.

Deposits in the oil supply lines of / in the turbo charger is a common problem, caused often by the use of not suitable motor oils and / or stop-start systems.

To avoid deposdits inside the oil circle we recommend you to use #LM2037 Pro-Line Engine Flush before the oil change. Carbon deposits inside the motor oil system (e.g. piston ring zone and oil supply lines to the turbo charger) are dissolved and held in suspense so that they´ll be drained out with the used oil. The engine is cleaned up and ready for the fresh oil which stays fresh longer now. The life of the turbo is extended and the oil consumption reduced to the maximum. We recommend to do a Engine Flush every approx. 20K miles.

Engine Flush is just a "soap" that softens existing deposits inside the oil system and keeps the softened deposits in the oil in a solution. When draining out the used oil you also drain out the deposits. Now the engine is free of disturbing deposits and ready for the fresh oil.

- Add #LM20002 Cera Tec into the fresh oil (dosage approx. 6-7% of the total oil volume). Cera Tec is our latest formulation for maximum engine protection - proven in high performance engines worldwide.

Once added into the motor oil the chemical surface protection lasts up to 30K miles. So we recommend to add it at every 2nd or 3rd oil change and you can interchange with our #LM2009 MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment which is a solid lubricant which mainly reduces the friction force between the moving parts inside the engine.

Please let us know the exact vehicle data of your Volvo (engine / year / total mileage) to recommend you the suitable LIQUI MOLY motor oil, too.

Please find the product and application information.

We hope we could help you with our information. Should you have further questions regarding our products we would be very pleased to get contacted from you again.

Best regards

i. A. Steffen Niemietz

Anwendungstechniker

application engineer

F & E / Anwendungstechnik

Phone: +49 731 1420-658

Mobil: +49 162 2815064

Fax: +49 731 1420-44658

[email protected]

LIQUI MOLY GmbH

Jerg-Wieland-Straße 4 | 89081 Ulm | GERMANY

www.liqui-moly.de

Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 1383 | Geschäftsführer: Ernst Prost, Günter Hiermaier

Court of registration Ulm, HRB 1383 | Managing Director: Ernst Prost, Günter Hiermaier

Es handelt sich bei dieser E-Mail um keinen Spam. Wir informieren Sie im Rahmen unserer Geschäftsbeziehung über Preise und Aktionen. Sollten Sie solche Informationen nicht wünschen, richten Sie Ihren formlosen Widerruf an: [email protected]

This is no spam email. In the context of our business relation we inform you about our prices and promotions. If you do not want to receive such information, please send your informal revocation to: [email protected]

LIQUI MOLY ist Deutschlands beliebteste Motorenöl-Marke!

LIQUI MOLY is Germany´s most popular motor oil brand!

Code:

Lubegard Bio-Tech Engine Oil Protectant is synthetic and fully compatible

with Castrol Edge Synthetic 5w30. Lubegard was designed specifically for

high temperature applications such as turbos with oil coking being an issue.

You will also enjoy the enhanced lubricity that tends to smooth out idle and

in general quiet down the engine. Generally, coking can be reduced by

allowing the turbo to cool at bit by idling for a minute before shutting

down the engine. It's been a standard procedure with turbo diesel

applications for the last 20 years and will work well for gasoline engines

with turbos too.

Please let me know if I can do anything else.

Best regards,

Pat Burrow

Technical Director

Stellar Automotive Group | International Lubricants Inc.

Seattle, WA

Office: (206) 762-5343 x 14

Toll Free: (800) 333-5823

www.Stellargroupinc.com www.Lubegard.com

facebook.com/Lubegard | twitter.com/Lubegard | youtube.com/Lubegard

By definition, coke is a carbon based deposit. Mineral oils, PAOs and esters can coke. MoS2 contains no carbon. It might form a deposit but not coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back