Skyactiv Intake Valve Deposits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have started a thread on this before, but I can't locate it. Has anyone that has a Skyactiv engine, or know someone that does, had any intake valve deposits? It does not seem to be an issue with these engines.

I have a 2015 (2.0 MT) and have only used Mobil 1, which has a SA of .8 and a NOACK of 10%. I have not taken a look but the car runs like new with 53,000 miles on it.

From everything I have heard or read, the Mazda SkyActiv engines seem to handle fuel dilution and deposits better than other GDI engines. I have no actual experience other than owning the car in my sig but the miles are pretty minimal at this point.

So at 22k miles my car started pinging pretty bad. I took it in and they said the intake was full of oil and the valves were dirty. They recommended a valve cleaning. I made them do it under warranty. Made no difference. I switched to 93 octane Got almost 60k now.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
So at 22k miles my car started pinging pretty bad. I took it in and they said the intake was full of oil and the valves were dirty. They recommended a valve cleaning. I made them do it under warranty. Made no difference. I switched to 93 octane Got almost 60k now.

That doesn't seem right to me, you shouldn't have to run 93 octane in order to avoid pinging when that car calls for 87 octane. Mazda should fix this properly for you.

Mazda is one brand i haven't heard or read of any large scale GDi related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back