Fram Fluid Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Anybody here buy one of these lately?
The instructions are sparse.
You put the label on the bottle- Go online and fill out the form- again you sort of have to look around
to find that info ( url).

The question, Does this include a shipping barcode? It has a few but doesn't dictate USPS or UPS
Or do you simply throw it in your own mailer and ship it off? I'm doing this for a friend- I should have stayed out of it-lol

Instructions are about zip- looks to me you ship it anyway you see fit on your dime which is okay.

I'm going to just zip it out to them. What's a few $$$$
They need to redesign their paperwork- yeah I know
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
Make sure its in a box or envelope. Its takes forever if you mail just the container.

Thanks- yes that would be bad- I imagine that would setoff all kinds of red flags,

Make sure its in a box or envelope. Its takes forever if you mail just the container.

Good advice I'm going to start shipping my samples that way in a envelope, it does take foreeeeever when you mail the container!

Zee09 why Fram? Get the same kit for $14.99 at NAPA part #4077 (my US Post office mailing cost are around $3.00) I believe they go to the same exact laboratory (alstribology).

TOTO.

Last edited:
I use the Wix Oil Analysis Kit #24077, thanks Bitog member deven. I bought them from Rock Auto for under $10 which includes TBN. I've been very happy with the service. I send them in an envelope, no issues with the post office that way.

I never thought of Rock Auto I'll have to check that out it's a great price, my friend orders from them all the time, my caution has been seeing postings on BITOG with people ordering engine oil filters have gotten very old stock so I've been leary about them but I'll take another look because the NAPA are WIX are the same laboratory with TBN, I have used the WIX before but those sources cost much more than NAPA.
TOTO.

Originally Posted By: Toto
I never thought of Rock Auto I'll have to check that out it's a great price, my friend orders from them all the time, my caution has been seeing postings on BITOG with people ordering engine oil filters have gotten very old stock so I've been leary about them but I'll take another look because the NAPA are WIX are the same laboratory with TBN, I have used the WIX before but those sources cost much more than NAPA.
TOTO.

No worries like that with this. They mail out the sample bottles with everything you need. Just pay shipping when you send it to them. They're still under $10.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=24077

Originally Posted By: Toto

Good advice I'm going to start shipping my samples that way in a envelope, it does take foreeeeever when you mail the container!

Zee09 why Fram? Get the same kit for $14.99 at NAPA part #4077 (my US Post office mailing cost are around $3.00) I believe they go to the same exact laboratory (alstribology).

TOTO.

Amazon had the Fram deal for under $7. I shipped it from MD. to Indiana via first class for $2.80 and they got it in two days and the next day they emailed me the results. Great deal and fast.
I put it in a poly bubble mailer- very fast service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back