Does your employer appreciate your dedication ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine seems to.

I travel a lot and always have the support I need when it comes to money - hotels, flights, tools, and equipment are handled no question.

And the bonus structure is nice.

Mine seems to. Always asking if family is well and get good annual appraisals. Been coming in late more than I'd like because of getting my daughter off to school, which he knows, and never says anything. I good with that.

I'm lucky enough to have managers that express their gratitude often. They know if it wasn't for a few of us, our plant wound't be making product.

Yes and no. I'm an onsite coordinator for an IT company, so I work for a company that schools contract with for technology services. My company appreciates me, but the schools I work onsite for will try to cheap out any way they can or try to get me to do things on weekends or work extra hours for free. Not happening. Most of it is the result of the schools being poorly managed by administrators.

The latest issue is that I wanted to take a vacation end of July, since I get paid vacation time from my company and never took any last year. The schools claimed that during the school year was too busy, and summer we had important projects that needed to get done. My company supervisor basically said I'm entitled to a vacation so it was approved.

No. I've never heard any other manager or the president tell someone they're doing a good job. I'm a product line manager and previously had my own small biz for 17 years and make sure I tell people when they're do a good job, my department or not. The company pays well for the area so people stay but it's not personally or mentally rewarding. Most people don't need their hand held but a "good job" once in a while goes a long long way and everyone appreciates it.

They put money in my checking account this morning, that's all the appreciation I need.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
They put money in my checking account this morning, that's all the appreciation I need.

This. If I don't hear anything from upper management I assume all is good.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Don't see that as appreciation as much as fulfilling their side of the contract with you. Payment for work performed.

I think the days of companies do not have much of a sense of loyalty to their employees. They pay them enough so they stay. But if things get tough, layoffs are quick.

Look at the defined pension. Very few companies have one. If they really cared they would have one. But its expensive and most do not. Those with one still are freezing it.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Not to sound like ZZ Man,

Please Don't.
grin2.gif

They let me in this morning and chances are I will be Monday as well. I try to do good work for them. If they are dissatisfied with my work, they should move on. I really don't need their feedback. If I'm doing something wrong or could do it better for them, let me know. My bi-weekly direct deposits are the only "appreciation" I need.

In the corporate world, you're always on the chopping block. It doesn't matter how good the quality of your work is or how "loyal" you are to the company. Most companies are so myopic that they'll give you a raise and praise and lay you off a month later because things got "tight." This is why going into business for myself was the best decision I ever made. Seeing my business flourish is the best form of appreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back