Mopar OAT Coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im prtty sure the Zerex Asian is also compatible. ran into wanting to match with original Hyundai coolant, and ended up going with Beck Arney ordered from auto parts store. was only 19.95 just picked it up there in 2 days, exact match.

Local Walgreens had PGL on sale with a coupon...New Jugs & Chysler spec...
Bought 5 Jugs and made the switch...

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Finally Peak Global Lifetime has printed the Chrysler Spec MS 12106 on their new jugs. This coolant can be a replacement or top fill for the VERY Expensive purple coolant.

I knew it was the same chemistry as the purple!

Yeah and newest formulation of DEXCOOL is also the same except in colored dye.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Finally Peak Global Lifetime has printed the Chrysler Spec MS 12106 on their new jugs. This coolant can be a replacement or top fill for the VERY Expensive purple coolant.

I knew it was the same chemistry as the purple!

Yeah and newest formulation of DEXCOOL is also the same except in colored dye.

My 2016 JK Rubicon calls for Chrysler Spec MS.90032, will the Peak Global Lifetime work in that? Use of the wrong coolant, especially mixing OAT and HOAT coolant can spell disaster in them.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
If I am reading things right, it seems that FCA changed the spec number to MS 12106, so you might want to look for this number.

Here are numerous threads about it: https://www.google.com/search?q=Chrysler...ent=firefox-b-1

Thanks, I see no mention of either spec on the Peak Global label.

These are the Chrysler specs it meets:

Chrysler MS7170
Chrysler MS9769

None of which are in my owners manual.

I just purchased a gallon of the Mopar purple OAT Coolant directly from my local Jeep / Chrysler dealer here in Austin.. $21.00 ... Guess the price has gone down a bit.

Originally Posted By: johnnyz73
I just purchased a gallon of the Mopar purple OAT Coolant directly from my local Jeep / Chrysler dealer here in Austin.. $21.00 ... Guess the price has gone down a bit.

Could you post the part #? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
As I recall, what you're looking for is:

Chrysler 68163848AB Coolant - Complies with MS-12106

Thanks. Amazon says it doesn't fit my 2016 Wrangler. lol With all the problems with mixing OAT and HOAT I want to make [censored] sure I'm buying the right stuff. As far as I can tell this is what I need.

It's fine to use either MS-90032 or MS-12106 ... The owner's manual for my 2017 Jeep Patriot actually recommends MS-90032. I was told by the parts manger that either is fine to use.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
NEVER 100% trust Amazon on automotive stuff compatibility / fit / cross-reference. Always check elsewhere for verification.

Exactly, which is why I lol at them sometimes. If they'd get there act together just a little more they might hit the $1 trillion mark a little sooner.

I'll have to recheck what's in my brother's 2016 JK.

I thought for sure it was an orange-ish red and assumed it was the Mopar GO5 stuff.

PEAK Global can be used in place of the Purple Mopar Coolant... It is compatible with Spec MS 12106 as seen in the picture attached below :

https://i.imgur.com/nSflo6I.jpg

Devil is in the details. The asterisk denotes that a complete flush and refill with the Peak coolant is required and the top off is only if topping off a system with the Peak coolant already in there.

This stuff is not mix compatible with MS12106 coolant. It is only full flush replacement compatible for the vehicle engine if maintained going forward with the Peak.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
PEAK Global can be used in place of the Purple Mopar Coolant... It is compatible with Spec MS 12106 as seen in the picture attached below :

https://i.imgur.com/nSflo6I.jpg

Devil is in the details. The asterisk denotes that a complete flush and refill with the Peak coolant is required and the top off is only if topping off a system with the Peak coolant already in there.

This stuff is not mix compatible with MS12106 coolant. It is only full flush replacement compatible for the vehicle engine if maintained going forward with the Peak.

If you read the text on the label, the asterisk refers to the "lifetime protection guarantee" conditions. Otherwise, it states that it is suitable for complete replacement or top offs, implying that it IS compatible with the MOPAR coolant. It also states that it mixes with any color coolant and will not void the vehicle warranty.

Having said that, unless it was an emergency, I would not top off my coolant with a different brand/type of coolant. I can never understand being penny-wise and pound-foolish with very expensive equipment. A beater, maybe o.k..

For what it is worth: Zerex was the Mopar supplier for their HOAT coolant.
The Zerex person I chatted with stated they went out and purchased a jug of the Purple Mopar OAT coolant & put it through a few tests & the Mopar OAT coolant come back having the exact same chemistry as their Zerex Dex-Cool coolant.
The only difference was the color dye.

He did say they were not the supplier of the Mopar OAT coolant.

I have no issues keeping the Purple Mopar OAT coolant in my 2017 Ram 6.7L CTD.

Last edited:
For what it is worth: Zerex was the Mopar supplier for their HOAT coolant.
The Zerex person I chatted with stated they went out and purchased a jug of the Purple Mopar OAT coolant & put it through a few tests & the Mopar OAT coolant come back having the exact same chemistry as their Zerex Dex-Cool coolant.
The only difference was the color dye.

He did say they were not the supplier of the Mopar OAT coolant.

I have no issues keeping the Purple Mopar OAT coolant in my 2017 Ram 6.7L CTD.

I'd stick with the purple Mopar coolant. With all the problems they had with mixing OAT and HOAT it isn't worth the risk to me.

Quote:
….The Zerex person I chatted with stated they went out and purchased a jug of the Purple Mopar OAT coolant & put it through a few tests & the Mopar OAT coolant come back having the exact same chemistry as their Zerex Dex-Cool coolant.
The only difference was the color dye.....

That's an interesting statement by the "Zerex person", but one not supported by the SAE paper on Mopar/Chrysler OAT posted here many times and earlier in this thread regarding the composition of the then new FCA/Chrysler/Mopar OAT AF. While both Mopar OAT and Dexcool are OAT AFs, DexCool uses 2eha as an inhibitor, Mopar OAT does not. The SAE paper also discussed the effects 2eha can have on some gaskets, orings, and hoses with it being a known plasticizer.

Unfortunately, the "Chrysler switches to OAT AF" paper is either no longer in their database, or a subscription is required to see it. Either way, I believe it to be accurate. I wouldn't use DexCool in place of Mopar OAT AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back