04 Nissan 350Z, Mobil 1 0w40 European, 4865 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Improvement over the last report. Virtually no oil consumption. This was with a Fram Ultra Synthetic Filter

No track days on this interval. Approximately 2,000 highway miles. Remainder would be city driving in Denver heat.

Last edited:
MUCH better! Z33's are known to like thicker oils. I wonder if your Edge uoa had so many wear metals because you ran out the oci too long? Does your Z33 spec 3/3K via fsm like my Z32?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
MUCH better! Z33's are known to like thicker oils. I wonder if your Edge uoa had so many wear metals because you ran out the oci too long? Does your Z33 spec 3/3K via fsm like my Z32?

Factory interval is 3750

Previous interval had a track day and lots of harsh driving. Only drained approx 2 quarts in previous interval. Lots of consumption

Originally Posted By: Trav
These Nissan/Infiniti V6 engines love the 0w40, less consumption and wear is often reported after switching.

My most recent oil change (2nd since I bought this car - '08 G35X) was with Castrol Edge 0W-40. Hopefully it works well for me too, though I don't see why it shouldn't.

I'd pay for TBN & TAN next time -- try and establish the proper interval. I bet you could go longer.

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson
Originally Posted By: Trav
These Nissan/Infiniti V6 engines love the 0w40, less consumption and wear is often reported after switching.

My most recent oil change (2nd since I bought this car - '08 G35X) was with Castrol Edge 0W-40. Hopefully it works well for me too, though I don't see why it shouldn't.

The engine will love that stuff. Honda 3.5 VCM engines do really well on it too.

Used to have a Honda 3.5L but it was an '05, so as I understand it, one year before the VCM [censored] was added. The 3.5L in my G35 is a bit more fun though !
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back