Old Lawnboy hand held blower

So my dad comes to visit and as he says "I got some junk to dump on you." Amongst some assorted items he brought the old green Lawnboy hand held blower. I remember he bought this thing in either the late 80's or very early 90's for something to do with his bee keeping. Now I remember ripping it apart and goofing around with it in the mid 90's as a teenager, which was the last it ran. I had butchered some of the plastic covers playing around with airflow and such but over all the thing was still intact. It was not seized and had compression. Now the fuel tank stank and had this grey oily goo inside so I flushed it with some mix and dumped it out. There was no primer on this thing, just a single fuel line to the carb, which surprisingly was still intact and pliable. I popped it off the carb and flushed it clean, hooked it up and after 5 or 6 pulls it fired! A couple more times and it ran. It smoked a bunch and I held her wide open for a few passes and it slowly cleaned up. It still bogs a bit and I have to play with the idle but I am amazed after all that time it still runs.

Just got to get the attachments for it and will find a use for the old girl. I will get some pictures up hopefully tomorrow

Originally Posted By: 97K15004WD
Is the mix ratio 32:1 or 40:1 ?

32:1, the same as all other Lawnboy 2-cycle engine products from the era (except for the M-Series mowers).

Well here is the old girl. Again the side cover and air filter cover was butchered during my explorative mechanic years....

It is 32:1 and I now see that it is on the label. I was running it around 40 or 45:1, which is were my mix usually ends up. I am going to tear it down for fun in the next few days to dig around a bit.

the thing sat since last time. I ripped the carb off and see its a walbro wta 8. I did the tear down and found some crusted gunk but overall nothing out of this world. I had some leftover parts from my last wa 199 rebuild. I used an odd gasket and Welch plugs.

Went smoothly enough but will need a complete kit to get the metering and fuel pump diaphragms. Needs a new spark plug,
fuel line and filter as well. It ran pretty quick and I got it half dialed in. Hope to get it finished and be able to blow off the snow on my vehicles this winter. Best part was my 11 year old daughter sat with me, got to learn a bit and help rebuild.
20200814_202621.jpg
20200814_202628.jpg
20200814_202633.jpg
20200814_204050.jpg

Back