Products for detailing in Direct Sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used many different brands of products over the years & I've learned a lot about detailing. I know working in smaller sections helps when working outside in direct sunlight. I currently use Meguairs M105 & M205, ONR & 3D HD Speed. I've used a lot of Griots Garage products for others, however, the flash-point is causing problems when i detail vehicles outside. I don't always have the luxury of detailing in a garage so I'm looking for suggestions to help alleviate my issues & make detailing easier. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:
Any spray waxes or products other than wax that work best in direct sunlight? The only issue I have with HD Speed is longevity. Having 3 in 1 (AIO) products helps save time when outside.

Originally Posted By: OSUFan86
I've used many different brands of products over the years & I've learned a lot about detailing. I know working in smaller sections helps when working outside in direct sunlight. I currently use Meguairs M105 & M205, ONR & 3D HD Speed. I've used a lot of Griots Garage products for others, however, the flash-point is causing problems when i detail vehicles outside. I don't always have the luxury of detailing in a garage so I'm looking for suggestions to help alleviate my issues & make detailing easier. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Buy an inexpensive EZ-Up and detail underneath it when necessary. They're not terribly expensive and can be setup/broken down by one person. Very handy for picnics and other events, too.

https://www.ezup.com/

I've looked into Poorboys World, however, not much information on them. I know they sell products on Autogeek.

Poorboy's has been around for a long time. I'm pretty certain a lot of these brands are just relabeled by the same blenders or whatever.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Poorboy's has been around for a long time. I'm pretty certain a lot of these brands are just relabeled by the same blenders or whatever.

Yep. I really don’t know who makes Poorboys. A lot of brands are just labels on the same stuff.

Back to the original question, some products are better in handling extreme conditions. Mobile detailers favor these as they may not have a shade cover or the benefit of one. It’s always better to do any detailing out of the direct sun.

Pith_helmet

Another vote for Poorboy's........not from reading labels but from actually using their products in the Texas summer in the sun. They work just as they claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back