SuperTech High Mileage findings

Status
Not open for further replies.
My truck my gets nothing but what I think is the best. But now I have a old tired daily driver and I can experiment with oil. Its a leaker and a burner. Leaking from literally everywhere. Oil pan. Upper oil pan. Rear main seal. Both cam sensors. Valve covers. So many places I don't know for sure where it's coming from. So I decided to try SuperTech high-mileage conventional 10w30 for its first oil change. See what happens. This is what the driveway looked like at the initial oil change.

1500 miles into second OCI

Now. Start of 3rd OCI. (Total 6200 miles)

Because I've always been curious about it and they changed the color of the jugs which made them irresistible. I just wanted to finally try it. I figured it was going to use a lot of oil so why not get something cheap

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Because I've always been curious about it and they changed the color of the jugs which made them irresistible. I just wanted to finally try it. I figured it was going to use a lot of oil so why not get something cheap

Too bad your wal mart doesnt have the havoline hm wal mart here has. 6quart box for $13~

I had the exact same result with LOS in my old Infinity. Only it took about 500 miles and less than a month.
Not that I'm serious, though it did happen like that, but glad it's working for you. I'm sure you aren't using sludge (like I did) to help with a leak.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

Too bad your wal mart doesnt have the havoline hm wal mart here has. 6quart box for $13~

I wish the WM up here in NE PA had that deal!! I'd stock up

It has been working well for the leaky rear main on my Comanche. I am 1,500 miles into switching to the ST HM in 10w-40 and it is leaking noticeably less, I was running Maxlife 10w-40 for multiple oil changes before and it was working well, but seemed to start leaking more again eventually which prompted the change to trying something else.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Srt20
So is it still burning oil?

Yes. I'm adding less oil. But I'm not sure how much was attributed to leaks. I read online these engines burn at the rings so I dont know if it will help

had a 92 ford tempo that was leaking oil 140 k on it , used ST high mileage 800 miles later no leaks since then gave the car to my granddaughter who says she hasn't had to add any oil between changes

Thinking about trying the ST Syn HM version on the next change. See if the leaks hold. If they do, and the consumption remains low, drop to a 5w.

Sorry to say this BUT -- all three photos you posted look like different areas of your driveway to me? For the price point -- I hope the conventional ST High Mileage is beneficial for the Maxima that it will save you some coin.

Yes they are different spots. Intentionally. So I know whats a new stain, whats old. Trying to track any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back