Dexcool compatibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a manifold near on the passenger side of the engine that takes the fluid to the rear heater unit.A repair manual like Haynes or a online service would show it.

Last edited:
Dorman is pure junk, Use OEM & sleep well!!

The plastic fittings are not as problematic as they are made out to be.....Being rough with them during servicing is what makes the fail. Doing spark plugs & wires is usually when they get broke/cracked.

Its a catch 22. As they age, they don't quick disconnect anymore. In my case the whole thing comes off the heater core easiest. But to do that i have to remove the cover. So I have no choice but to move them a fair amount. But i hear you all, and I'm going to give it one more go with OEM. Its possible the hoses have shrunk, so I'm shotgunning it all. Both hoses, both tees and a clip on the engine cover they fit into. $140 shipped. Its worth the wait, the local stealership wanted over $100 just for one hose.

Add me in as one who isn't a fan of plastic cooling system parts.

I've had exactly one road side break-down in my life that required a tow. My then 10 year old Lincoln LS had a plastic "T" in front of the engine explode on the interstate for lack of a better term. That car had 150K on it when it was totaled, and I'd put 100K of those miles on over 8 years. That was one of two non-maintenance repairs the car required in that time, and as I said was the only time I've had a breakdown tow in any vehicle.

AFAIK, the part that failed was a factory part. I'd certainly never replaced it.

Everything is already here wow that was fast. Thanks gmpartsgiant. Interesting noticing the white hose has a grayish color fastener for the quick connect. I don't remember seeing that on the original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back