Frustrated with lousy spray bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone recommend a quality spray bottle for detailing? I'm getting sick of various brands' bottles developing leaks, handles breaking, or just completely ceasing to spray after a month or two. I'm not even hard on these things -- they just stop working. I understand that everything eventually wears out, but it seems absurd to have to replace spray bottles several times a year.

Tried the Chemical Guys ones and they also broke after maybe a dozen uses.

I have used the 32 oz spray bottles (6 pk) from Sam's Club with good success. While I don't use them daily, it takes several years before they break. Around $6.88 for six.

Last edited:
Can the Griot's ones survive more aggressive chemicals like wheel cleaners and degreasers? Those are always the worst on sprayers.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Can the Griot's ones survive more aggressive chemicals like wheel cleaners and degreasers? Those are always the worst on sprayers.

Yep. Have one that's been through about 2 gallons of wheel cleaner.

Spraymaster are ok. Not great in my opinion but not the worst.

Griots bottles are great, as are the sprayers. They come in 22 and 35 pieces sizes, and offer a sprayer for each. I need to get a few myself. I believe they are chemical resistant

I also gave up with the small squeeze action sprayers, and purchased Stihl SG10 spray bottles from the local chainsaw store. They hold about a quart and have a pump on top.

They hold up fairly well, have a large opening, are very tough, and have some brass parts.

The Spraymaster ones hold up for a few months at best.

STI_SG10.jpg

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
Spraymaster are ok. Not great in my opinion but not the worst.

Griots bottles are great, as are the sprayers. They come in 22 and 35 pieces sizes, and offer a sprayer for each. I need to get a few myself. I believe they are chemical resistant

35 ounce sounds like a good size for something like wheel cleaner that you will likely use a lot of, but I can't see that being very convenient for interior use. Maybe I'll get a few of each size.

WOW - never considered overthinking all this so much.

Heck - some $0.96 new empty ironing spray bottles from Walmart have done the trick here for all sorts of care care products for years. Just bought 2 more of them last weekend.

Also have purchased Chemical Guys, Griot's, and Meguiar's spray products for years, without a single problem/leak issue.

Sorry some folks have had a problem. Hopefully the violating vendor replaced such defective bottles.

My go to spray bottle picked that up from a garage sale solid from Action Industries Cheswick Pa made in USA 12oz. Cap grip is solid not cheap brittle plastic more like thick solid soft rubber. Trigger very responsive excellent solid kick to it from fine mist to stream. It says on the bottle "1986 Action Industries. INC. Cheswick PA Made in USA NO 8818. Pick that up in 1988 for $2 garage sale, it's taken a beating dropped still works fine from day one.They don't make them like yesterday it's a keeper.

I have brand new bottles from Griot's that are leaking. Bought them a few years ago. Guess I should have tried each one. Another lesson learned.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Sure Shot sprayer

Would something like this work for certain cleaning supplies? I use one at work and keep it filled with brake clean.

Possibly work with detailing liquids?

I buy them from Dollarama (Canada) for ... well, I'm sure you can figure it out. And they last better than, say, a store-bought Windex bottle.

Now that I think about it, I've never had to replace one.

I use them for all kinds of liquids, but the heaviest use / most refilled one is for the homemade Windex (1~2 ounces of Ammonia, two drops of liquid dish soap, two drops blue food dye and about 14 oz water). Still doesn't leak, sprays good, etc 2 ounces Ammonia is stronger than Windex.

A friend who sold cleaning supplies said one time the worst thing you could do with a spray bottle is to pump a dry (new off the shelf) spray bottle and put it away to sit. Something about losing whatever moisture was in the spray pump from production.

Just my two cents. I always pick one from the back of the shelf for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back