Local NAPA stepping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I've been coming here not once has our Napa had these offers that are mentioned here until recently. They also started sending me 20% off if I reserve online and pickup in store. Can't wait for the oil filter deals since O'Reilly jacked up the Wix filter prices.

I can't find any PI Sheets on mapa oil but I assume the Valvoline PI sheets are close enough.

Must be other stores making the money, every time I drive by ours the parking lot is empty. Just up the road is AZ and they usually have a few customers. Most people around here seem to use AAP.

I hate their commercial, O, O, O, O'Reilly's, I'm sure you've heard it.

I love the local Napa. Friendly guys who know their stuff. Since it is franchised the store service really depends on who owns it. The one two towns over has terrible service, so I support my local one.

The O'Reillys that was just built two towns over has friendly staff but their prices are crazy high. Interesting since there is an Autozone, a NAPA, and a Advance Auto all within 2 minutes.

Local NAPA owned by same guy here. Prices in the past were always a bit higher than the Oriely or AZ. The AAP is quite a distance away from me so I usually get to them only if I have to. Recently the prices of AZ and Oreily have gone up and are pretty much the same price as NAPA now. NAPA was a bit higher but not so much now. For me AZ and Oreily are within a mile of my driveway. Napa main warehouse store is 3 miles but it is getting worth the price to order and go get the parts.

I rarely use them at my shop, from the start their wholesale prices were more than 20% over WorldPac on average (at wholesale pricing) and what I usually get is rebranded chinese junk. I only really order their oil if on sale, but they never really have anything thats really spectacular. When the rep comes down and asks about my low sales numbers from just washer fluid and brake clean, I ask him to name a car, and a part, and give me their price, and then I show him worldpacs pricing right on my screen. They want me to order over 1500/month from them to get the better pricing, so I need to pay 20% more on average up to 1500 to get something cheaper than what I can already? And usually better quality? Another shop in town uses a Napa from 3 towns over since they give better pricing and are friendlier than the one literally 2 blocks away.

Originally Posted By: Audios
They want me to order over 1500/month from them to get the better pricing, so I need to pay 20% more on average up to 1500 to get something cheaper than what I can already?

Haha ! Entirely different industry/business but I've seen that before too. My stand is, "no, give me the better pricing now and see how it goes and if it doesn't pan out, go back to regular prices" (and I'll stop buying from 'you').

NAPA has always been expensive to me. A common misconception is that their parts are top tier and near OE, but it's the same Chinese car parts junk in a box with their label. Their filter deal is good, but as I said before, don't go while the owners are working. Might as well buy a Fram TG.. I have to jump through too many hoops to buy WIX filters.

They do have a nice selection of hose.. That sums it up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back