Yahoo dumps MESSENGER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email stating that Yahoo will not be supporting MESSENGER after July 16th. Now what to do? Running FOXFIRE, W10 and Yahoo. Ed

The best one to pick is what your family and friends all use.

There are many choices but common one seems to be Facebook messanger.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I thought Messenger had been part of Facebook?

Yahoo messanger was the grand daddy besides AOL instant messanger which is defunct too.

I personally like iMessages but requires you either have sms or apple device.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: PimTac
I thought Messenger had been part of Facebook?

Yahoo messanger was the grand daddy besides AOL instant messanger which is defunct too.

I personally like iMessages but requires you either have sms or apple device.

I was never a fan of Yahoo. I use Messages but I think Apple should open it up to anyone. FaceTime and Messages take care of my needs.

Of course, tomorrow it will be another messaging app that gets popular.

AOL & YAHOO messenger used to be the in thing.. GOOGLE & FACEBOOK MESSENGER is the new in. That's what I use besides texting.

Google has Hangouts and Facebook has Messenger and Microsoft has Skype; each of which can be used and synchronized between multiple devices. WhatsApp is another option that can be used on phones and the web.

Yahoo, what's that?
grin.gif
Is it kind of like MySpace? Oh yeah, it's that thing that's still leaking eight years after I stopped using it.

I loved Yahoo,MSN,and AOL Messengers!! Very nostalgic for me
smile.gif
Precursor for texting? I loved how you could talk to friends,etc,and say what needed to be said without having to deal with a bunch of small talk.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Do you still commute with horse and buggy? Use a telegraph? Candles for lighting?

grin2.gif

The sad thing is all the messaging apps that are smartphone based only caught up in last 8 years to the functionality of Yahoo, AOL, MSN etc about 20 years ago when they had emoj's of sorts(real happy/sad faces) and other neat features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back