New motor for my Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago I bought a loaded Lincoln MKZ with the 3.0 twin turbo with 400 HP and 400 Torque. Come to find out a small number of these cars left the factory with a small defect in one of the heads and from what I understand it causes oil to not drain back to the motor properly and starves the engine from proper oiling. So at just about 12,000 miles the check engine light came on and the dealer checked it Lincoln told them to pull the plugs and check the compression. Cylindar number 4 was down 7% and 1&3 were down 5% anyway the dealer said Lincoln will be ordering me a new engine.

Good on them, and you for sharing
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Good to hear that Ford is taking care of it.

that's the difference between Lincoln, and Ford.
They make a point to take care of the Lincoln customers.

Originally Posted By: JLTD
This on top of your frequent trips to Boston....they better get you a loaner while they're doing the swap!

Yes Lincoln will be giving me a new Lincoln loaner for as long as the motor swap takes. I have to say not only has Lincoln been great but they said if I have any questions they gave me a number to call and they will talk to me directly.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Consider buying a Japanese man.

Why would you need to purchase a Japanese man?
Hasn't slavery been abolished in the US?
Or is it just a Texas thing now thanks to Trump?

Wow. Glad to hear they are swapping it..id kind of expect that on a car a few months old though..as in..thats the least they should do..

Last edited:
I have always said that the American car makers could easily increase their reputation by simply allowing dealers to solve problems rather than deflect them.

Still I would be livid about any new car getting a transplanted engine done by flat rate!

Good to hear Ford is fixing it. I don't know whats up at Ford and machining swarf, the earlier 5.4 was plagued by this also in the form of a leak. Posters often claim engines are being made in a cleaner environment today, guess Ford didn't get the memo.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Good to hear Ford is fixing it. I don't know whats up at Ford and machining swarf, the earlier 5.4 was plagued by this also in the form of a leak. Posters often claim engines are being made in a cleaner environment today, guess Ford didn't get the memo.

Been a few kerfuffles at Ford lately, seemingly more than usual. But when ya make a million units...

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Consider buying a Japanese man.

Based on what was posted in this thread, why would he do that?

The car has a problem, and the manufacturer is taking care of it.

Japanese cars are not immune from problems either.

BTW, I'm on my second Lincoln and about a dozen in the family over the past ~10 years. Warranty service has never been anything short of excellent. If only they'd just get some airbags in stock to fix my MKZ, but then pretty much every maker is affected by this issue on at least some models.

Hmm, they refused to repair or replace the dash on my 2012 MKZ when it was new. Defect due to manufacturing issue, slight imperfection in the dash that they refused to do anything about!

Dealer wanted to fix it but Ford said no!

Originally Posted By: Spector
Hmm, they refused to repair or replace the dash on my 2012 MKZ when it was new. Defect due to manufacturing issue, slight imperfection in the dash that they refused to do anything about!

Dealer wanted to fix it but Ford said no!

This is typical. There is some kind of a disconnect between the Mfgr and the Dealership regarding servicing client complaints. I believe a small allowance should be built into every sale to give the dealer some leeway to adjust strict rules to suit the circumstances.

Good service would likely change many folks perception about American vehicles in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back